News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Best delay for me?

Started by shawnee, January 14, 2012, 07:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

I use an Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport, which I believe is PT2399 based. I really like it--it's probably about as close to DMM sounds as you're going to get in a non-analog format. If I didn't have this, I'd probably be looking to take on the Echobase for fun!

shawnee

I have a PT2399 delay and it does sound good, but a little cleaner on the repeats than I want. I think I have decided to hold out for the AquaBoy Deluxe pcb and search for MN3005's. I know, I know, good luck with that!

sanjay

I recommend you T. C. Electronic Flashback.
It is a nice pedal you should have :)
Musical Study

gordo

I'm a big fan of the Nova Delay.  It does a nice Analog simulation but doesn't get the warmth the real thing has.  I've never been a fan of PT delays until I built the G-board of Bean's The Mimik.  On my bench I thought "meh" but I put it on my board and love it.  I have a bunch of delays kicking around here and a buddy and I did a shoot out between all of them and we both kept coming back to The Mimik.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

selfdestroyer

alanp

... I was about to reply and completely missed the datestamps. Thanks, selfdestroyer!

But to speak to changes SINCE 2012, these days, if you can get a pair of XVIVE3005 chips, go this way every time. My set sound great, head and shoulders above the shitty v3205d chips. If you can't get Xvive 3005's, then go for Brian's Dirtbaby. This is assuming that taptempo is not a make-or-break.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

kevindeal

Sorry for digging this old topic. But there are a lot of gurus here so I want to ask your opinion, what do you guys think about Donner Yellow Fall analog delay? Should I go for it. Thanks

thesmokingman

If it is all you can afford, then go for it because A delay is better than NO delay. I say this because in order to hit their price point they are cutting corners. That old adage of "no free lunch" or "you get what you pay for" very much applies if you know "the cost of things." Analog delay is not an inexpensive effect to put into the marketplace, even if it is a Chinese knockoff. 
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

gtr2

I'd look into the MXR carbon copy they just released in the 1590A"ish" enclosure.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

brucer

DD-7 with external tap for slapback and getting your Edge on.  Dirtbag Deluxe for washes / longer delay times.  That's me anyway. 

kevindeal

Quote from: thesmokingman on June 19, 2019, 10:05:57 AM
If it is all you can afford, then go for it because A delay is better than NO delay. I say this because in order to hit their price point they are cutting corners. That old adage of "no free lunch" or "you get what you pay for" very much applies if you know "the cost of things." Analog delay is not an inexpensive effect to put into the marketplace, even if it is a Chinese knockoff.

Thank you for your advise