News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vault Boy Delay - MN3005 Dirtbag

Started by eldanko, January 25, 2012, 02:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Finally.

Presenting the Vault Boy delay.  MN3005 chips... bought 5, 4 of which turned out good.  5th one... not so much.  Nevertheless, still enough to do two of these for myself (stereo rig).  The build fired up on the first try, no small miracle.  Cramming the charge pump in was fun... but I'm particularly proud of also cramming in a Cusack clickless bypass system, as I prefer these on delays.  Doesn't eliminate the pop completely, but certainly lessens it.

The plate etching was done by our own Josh (gtr2), who did an absolutely STELLAR job!  He was gracious enough to take on this project for me and I cannot thank him enough given how well it came out.  Any Fallout fans here?  (please let there be some other nerds on here... please....)

So happy to get this up and running.  Thanks for all the encouragement thus far, friends.  Completing this one was quite a milestone for me!

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

nzCdog

Wow!  :o
Sublime etching... fantastic build... and you have two of these???!!  Jealous much

JakeFuzz

Damn Purple tape to match. That thing looks awesome. Love the Fallout cartoon faceplate. Amazing you got that click less bypass in there, this build is tighter than some 1590a builds!

lloyd17

Beautiful. New wallpaper on mi phone!

thetrend77

Love Fallout, love the pedal! Your stuff is always awesome!

jtn191

so awesome!! I wanted to do a fallout/vault boy theme for my first pedal (SHO) but I was better off moving in baby steps
beautiful turn out!

eldanko

Yeah man... Fallout has some pretty great graphic ideas to work with, and Josh did a killer job on the etching.  Someday I will take the time to learn to etch...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

raulduke

Your on a roll at the moment thats for sure!

Fallout was a pretty cool game; I never had the patience/time to get into it though.

mjcyates

gtr2

Love the final project!

Great job Dane.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer