News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity: Zen Drive vs. Mosferatu specs?

Started by dbharris, August 20, 2010, 02:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbharris

I want to build a mosferatu clone, what components would I need to sub alternate values for?

thanks,

Dan

madbean

Hi Dan,

Do you have a schematic, or a link to one?

dbharris

No I don't, I wish I had a verified schem cuz I could have figured it out.  The only info I have are some posts from freestompboxes.  The link is here http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6922 and then listed under "mods" is where I found the info.  I hope its ok to copy and paste the posts from there...

this was in response to an incorrect schematic someone else posted:

"by kusi » 28 Sep 2007, 07:07
hi,

this is NOT the original Mosferatu! the original one is very similary to the ZD, the most difference is the Tone-stack (ts-like(220E +270n) with LP (1k/270nF) in front of it) symmetrical clipping in FB-loop (2n7000 + 1n34)
thats it...

regars, ksui"

and this comment:

"by JHS » 28 Jul 2007, 05:06
The Mosferatu is a AMZ SoS-clone with a few altered values and MOSFETS instead of the diodes. The PCB for the Mosfertau and the part layout is the same on the ZD.

I think the only difference between those two is the clipping section and myabe a few part values.

JHS"

Looking at your version 4 layout...To me it sounds like 1n34 instead of BAT41 diodes and omit D2. Either jumper the pads for D2 or maybe install D1 diagonally from the round pad in D1 to square pad in D2 with stripe (sorry dont remember if thats cathode or anode at the moment) going to the square pad and then you wouldn't need a jumper?  I am lost as to what changes to make to the tone-stack (especially what 220E is) and the Low Pass filter.

I was guessing that the IC may also be different but I can always just try different ones.  And that maybe the gain pot would be a 1Meg but I could easily try that too.

Thanks,
Dan