News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ibanez cp9 debug

Started by 9Lives, January 24, 2012, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

ok. Thanks for the comiment. Very encouraging. I have NO outlet here for help or instructions. I have tought myself how to do this with pretty much the help from... Hmm mostly you lol! I just ordered a fancy enclousure from pedalenclosures.com for this one bc I love it so much. Now back to the issue. I took a look at the gainstage and it seems pretty simple. Heres my issue. If I add that to the other side of the op amp and plug it into the out put, what happens if I turn the gain all the way down. Will it go back to the clean effect or will the volume go all the way down? I've never messed w anything like this. Also, I don't want it to be to gainy. Just gritty. Would the diodes determine this? Could I use mosfet or jfets to clip w one GE diode? I hope I can do it w jfets bc the only mosfets I have are the irf510. Freakin huge. Could mount them on enclosure and wire? That'd be pretty bad ass. Anywho. Let me hear your thoughts bc I'm liking this idea. I just want to make sure I can bypass the gain. Maybe put on switch?

9Lives

I just placed an order for a couple 500kb pots, mosfet bs170 and a couple GE diodes. It's said and done. So I'm gonna try to bread b it later

9Lives

dude, I'm gonna need some help with this. This is hurting my brain. I can't come up with how I can lay this out using what I have.. At what point in the circuit should go into the gain stage. Should it go out directly to the output pot? It looks like I have just enough room to do somthing w no room for error.