News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Show us your guitar!

Started by ckim715, January 26, 2012, 11:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: nzCdog on December 13, 2012, 09:52:23 AM
QuoteHeres what im working on at present.
Wow... you paint that???  That is some serious dip, and cool inlays :)

Dude no way, i cant take credit for that although I would love to. The body was swirled by alan at 'out of this swirled' and the neck was made by nate perle in the US. I just pieced them together.

GrindCustoms

My bluegrass/folk no1!

RG7620 Neck, thickness of neck slimmed down by 1.3mm at the nut and progrossivelly 1.6mm at neck joint, maximum that could be taken off without having the truss rod popping out.....

30 years old 2piece African Mahogany body made by me.

BKP Painkiller pickup, BattleWorn/Distressed finish, custom BKP/CTS 550K volume pot.

Fuji-Gen Lo-Trs7 bridge.

Steampunk locking nut.......hahaha.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Bassman

Here is my family.  None of them are high end, mostly heavily modded Squiers and Partscasters but they all feel and play great.

I really need to get me a Les Paul type guitar soon lol.......

jkokura

Rej, that guitar looks hot. How did you finish the body?

Bassman - no you don't. Maybe a tele, but you don't have to have a Paul.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

atreidesheir

Those Squiers look like great players.  I do not say that often.  must be the owner :)
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

atreidesheir

Quote from: culturejam on December 15, 2012, 04:58:29 AM
Here's what I've been playing the most the past couple years. Agile AL-2000 I bought in 2006.

This is the only pic I can find quickly:

That looks like a great player and good friend.  What is still original?  I always suspected the hardware was the stuff to worry about.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

Bassman

Quote from: atreidesheir on December 16, 2012, 06:06:07 PM
Those Squiers look like great players.  I do not say that often.  must be the owner :)

Thanks and yep they all play great.  The cherryburst is my #1 though.  Here is how it started out...

And the link to the complete build if interested http://www.squier-talk.com/forum/squier-stratocasters/8735-cherryburst-build.html

Quote from: jkokura on December 16, 2012, 05:41:49 PM

Bassman - no you don't. Maybe a tele, but you don't have to have a Paul.

I have thought about a Tele and will probably eventually have one but I have been Gassing for a LP style git for over a year now and it won't go away lol.  Been eyeing the ones at Rondo for a while but also have thought of a kit.

GrindCustoms

Jacob

Thanks, much appreciated.

The body was simply finished with Tung-Oil, 16 hand-rubbed coats with 16-24 hours of drying between each of them, and lemon oil wet sanding between each coats.

So it took a month just for the body finish.

The neck has been finished that way too, but 24 coats, the pictures don't really show the depth of the wood grain, but in person it's really nice....

Only thing...........she's soooo heavy...........15.4 pounds on my Rapala fish scale..hehe

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jkokura

Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 16, 2012, 07:04:12 PM

Jacob

The body was simply finished with Tung-Oil, 16 hand-rubbed coats with 16-24 hours of drying between each of them, and lemon oil wet sanding between each coats.

The neck has been finished that way too, but 24 coats, the pictures don't really show the depth of the wood grain, but in person it's really nice....

Only thing...........she's soooo heavy...........15.4 pounds on my Rapala fish scale..hehe

No wonder it looks so good. I can't even imagine howuch all that work and time is worth.

I wonder if the heaviness helps with the chug.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jkokura on December 16, 2012, 08:08:10 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 16, 2012, 07:04:12 PM

Jacob

No wonder it looks so good. I can't even imagine howuch all that work and time is worth.

I wonder if the heaviness helps with the chug.

Jacob

Well.......acoustically, she sounds really dark, and the Low B string is really articulated (does'nt sound like a Tuba).

When i first completed it, i had a SD JB in there, wich have quite present bass in his voicing.........it was just too much.....guitar was kind of always «sitting behind»........low frequencies taking the biggest part of the cake.

When i swapped to the BKP, wich have less bass and more focused on Mids, good to say that it have a noticable mid pike in it's voice........so it brings the «string» right in the face.......without being too trebly.

So with the body natural response, that lower gain pickup with a medium high output (15.6K), it's really well balanced.

So YES! it chuggs pretty good, but not moshy or muddy, a nice fast and tight response on the lower frequency range. But also able of nice classic rock tones.

polivox

my custom 16 string (7+7+2) tapper/bower
ezhi&aka - pedals for experimentalists on a low budget

Axe_34

2010 LP Standard (honeyburst)
2012 Squier Telecaster
2012 SG standard with p-90s

jkokura

Quote from: polivox on December 17, 2012, 04:00:44 PM

Unreal! Got any videos?

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

slacker775

Quote from: polivox on December 17, 2012, 04:00:44 PM

Yeah, but can it play Stairway to Heaven?
;D

monkeyssj1