Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: playonit on April 01, 2014, 10:04:36 AM
Just finished building this one...... Honduran Mahogany and Black Walnut

Stratele hybrid FTW!  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GrindCustoms

I really need a TV Master as my next guitar... Filtertrons are so sweet! Deep love for those! :)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GermanCdn

Err, so I was looking back at my post from December 2012, and I no longer have 30 of those guitars, so I guess it's time for a new post.  That's the task for the long weekend.

That being said, here's the newest incumbent, a Hamer 25th Anniversary Artist I picked up on ebay today.  Hope she shows up looking as good as the picture.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Kinki fuzz

Quote from: jubal81 on January 28, 2012, 02:49:24 PM
Crappy cell phone pic, but here's my No. 1 - a Ric 620. I haven't even window shopped for guitars since I got it. However, I think I might give in to the Firebird GAS when I get my tax return.

Awesome!

HOT TUBES 70

Custom Ibanez RG made from parts from all over the world  !!

HOT TUBES 70

HOT TUBES 70

My Hotrod Strat ( work in progress )
w/ custom headstock pic ...

ian_guga

my lab loves fuzz

GermanCdn

All right, I'll do this in stages since I've got a couple of the sets photographed.

First up, my Ernie Ball Music Mans (Men?)

Back Row L- R

Axis Sport with two MM-90s and Silent Circuit, metallic gold, CLB signature, rosewood neck.  Nice and snappy, nice figure to the neck even though it's a sport

Axis Sport with two Dimarzio humbuckers, five way switching, metallic copper with matching headstock.  This was the EBMM that got me hooked.  If I gigged anymore, this would be my main gigging axe.

Axis Sport with a Dimarzio PAF bridge and two Dimarzio single coils, Silent Circuit, swamp ash body, maple neck.  Beat up pretty bad, probably because it sounds so good.

Silhouette Special with a Dimarzio PAF pro and two Dimarzio single coils, Silent Circuit, alder body, vintage burst, rosewood board.  This is a 2013, and I don't like the neck finish nearly as much on these as the older gun oil and wax jobs.

Silhouette Special with a Dimarzio PAF pro and two Dimarzio single coils, Silent Circuit, alder body, maple board, black, old school neck.  Like this a lot better than the burst.

Bottom Row L-R

Reflex Gold Top - Two custom wound Dimarzios, five way switching, parallel series switch, killer tremolo, metallic gold top with white binding, rosewood board.  Insanely good playing and sounding guitar, just wish it had the old school finish on it.

Albert Lee SSS - Three custom wound Dimarzio single coils, standard strat switching, silent circuit, killer birdseye maple neck and board, old school neck finish, autographed by Albert on the back of the headstock.  The best playing, best sounding strat I own.  Also the ugliest.

1996 First Year Axis - Killer quilt maple top and headstock, deep purple finish which is starting to fade to brown like all EVHs did and early Axis, two Steve Blucher custom humbuckers, Floyd bridge decked.  I almost categorically detest Floyd loaded guitars, except this one.

Axis Super Sport Rosewood - solid rosewood neck.  Nuff said.

Steve Morse Y2D Desert Sunburst - Signature Dimarzio Pups, coolest burst I own, killer birdeye neck.  Best playing neck of any guitar I own.  Ever.

US Sub-1 - Can totally tell why EBMM lost money on these.  Ridiculously good build.  Bridge pickup is one of the warmest stock pickups I've ever heard.

More to come.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

GermanCdn

Next up, my G&Ls

Top row L-R

Legacy, stock with expander (superstrat) mod.  Workhorse strat.

Hollowbody Legacy, Ltd Edition quilt top.  This is the one FedEx nearly destroyed.

Bottom row, L-R

ASAT Classic S, Butterscotch Blackguard, Swamp Ash Body, massive C profile neck, MFD neck and bridge pickups, S-500 middle pickup, five way + push pull for neck activation in all settings.  Heavy as hell, seriously probably the heaviest guitar I own.

ASAT Classic, Butterscotch Blackguard, Swamp Ash Thinline Body with no F-holes, slim neck w/ rosewood board (an odd combination for a blackguard), MFD neck and bridge pickups, graphtech saddles, modified ashtray bridge.  One of my favourite teles to play.  Sounds fantastic.

ASAT Classic, Butterscotch Blackguard, Swamp Ash Body, medium profile neck w/maple board, MFD Pickups.  Looks like a classic, plays like a modern.

ASAT Bluesboy, Sunburst, double bound thinline ash body, medium profile neck w/rosewood board, MFD bridge pickup, SD Seth Lover neck pickups.  Pickup combo is probably the most balanced I've ever played in a fat tele setup.

ASAT Z-3, Honeyburst, Swamp Ash body, medium profile neck w/maple board, locking tuners, saddlelock bridge, Z-3 pickups (hum-cancelling, as they are wound like P-bass pickups but maintaining single coil chime and tone with a lot more oomph than your standard SC).

ASAT Hollow, Swamp Ash body, medium profile neck w/rosewood board, ASAT pickups, metallic red finish.  Looks better than it sounds, my least favourite of the 8.

Will try and get PRS and Carvin posted tomorrow.