News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Show us your guitar!

Started by ckim715, January 26, 2012, 03:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckim715

Don't believe this has been done yet. Show us what you're playing with!

This is my number 1. MIM strat body, Mighty Mite V profile neck finished in tru oil, D. Allen 60s R&B pickups.

-Charlie

nzCdog

ckim715

Yep! Started out as a regular MIM with a maple neck. Over the course of 3 years, the pickups were changed 3 times (Fender Hot Noiseless, GFS Alnico II, and now D.Allen 60s R&B), neck was changed twice (first to a birdseye maple mighty mite, now this rosewood v mighty mite), pickguard was changed a couple times, etc.

The only thing original left on the guitar is the body itself. Can't even call it a legit Fender Strat anymore  ;D
-Charlie

crash

All Koa body, Wenge neck, Ebony fingerboard, Lace sensor pups

Padauk body with Limba "stripes"  Padauk neck, Bare Knuckle Piledriver pickups, Tru oil finish

Work in progress:
Zebrawood body, Goncalo alves neck, pau ferro body, BL microcoil pickups, working on a Tru oil finish

More works in progress:

Bought this new in 94, Ibanez Voyager, stripping the black finish and going to finish with Tru oil.

nzCdog

Quote from: ckim715 on January 26, 2012, 06:23:43 PM
Yep! Started out as a regular MIM with a maple neck. Over the course of 3 years, the pickups were changed 3 times (Fender Hot Noiseless, GFS Alnico II, and now D.Allen 60s R&B), neck was changed twice (first to a birdseye maple mighty mite, now this rosewood v mighty mite), pickguard was changed a couple times, etc.

The only thing original left on the guitar is the body itself. Can't even call it a legit Fender Strat anymore  ;D

Nice one! Not sure if I'll ever build a guitar, but I've had one built recently... bit shy of showing it off tho :-\

Quote from: crash on January 26, 2012, 07:06:03 PM
dauk body with Limba "stripes"  Padauk neck, Bare Knuckle Piledriver pickups, Tru oil finish

That I like... very nice 8)

slimtriggers

My #1.   Black Korina body, wenge neck, macassar ebony fretboard, reverse CBS headstock.  Stainless steel frets, Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell bridge and Chopper neck.

jtn191

^killer woodgrain, all of ya's

my trustiest guitar--MIM strat with lace sensors

I want to build this in homage of my first car; same sparkly midnight blue paint job

sam_c

this is my main guitar, Ive got a few others too but not got any pics handy. 

its a solid claro walnut body Washburn N4 with a wenge neck (Nuno sig. model)  Theyve only made a few so far, maybe 8-10 of them.  Sounds as good as it looks. 

Ive also got a Gordon smith GS2 (a UK made LP junior), a padauk N4 and a Korean Strat. 

Ive also got a pair of warwick streamers as Im really a bass player. 

glowsheep

Early MIJ Fender HMT Tele all stock I'm the original and only owner. Real Floyd Rose Pro.

But this is my number 1 2002/2003 Fender American Texas Special Fat Strat (was previously called the Lonestar than they changed the name in 2002 for some reason)

LaceSensor

Ive got a few....

now has a black pickguard

Haberdasher

^^^very nice guitars, love all the wood grains.

I've mostly been playing my strat copy these days

94 Hamer Daytona USA all original- sperzel tuners and duncan "vintage strat" alnico ii's.  Hamer handmade these and they're supposed to be fashioned after a '54 model.  Great sounding strat. It looks black in the pic but it's actually transparent blue.

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

nzCdog

nice... I particularly love that strap!

Comfort Player

Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

jkokura

Lace... have you ever tried a Tele? I get the sense you might like them...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

PerS

Hi

Fantastic, so many amazing builds and nice guitars... inspiring. Got exited so I have to show you mine too.

Made this 2008 as a therapy project (do something else then work...) starting a year earlier. I found out that there was a flood of parts on ebay. After some investigation and calculation I found out that it wasn't that more expensive to just pick the parts from selected manufacturers for a top notch quality. I decided to build the guitar of my dreams, a my Parto-Caster 57 all with my spec's- I have actually enclosed my specification just for fun... and off cause some pic's of the result.
I felt it was a major risk project so I talked and interviewed the manufacturers (guess if they was tired of me...). It could end up with a beautiful guitar that was unplayable, looking good in the wall. It become my real player and I have sold all the others of my guitars except this one and my L6 Variax (more or less only for the acoustic and some Les Paul).

A peace that I never going to leave... enjoy. And thanks that you posted your beauties...

//Per

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26726734/Spec of my Part-o-caster, 2007-07-09, FINAL.pdf (It's 4,5 M in size)

//Per