Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Show us your guitar!

Started by ckim715, January 26, 2012, 11:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandadandan

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 27, 2012, 05:15:26 PM
Ive got a few....

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit we have the exact same Tele Plus Deluxe!  Here's mine:

I've since removed the gaffa and the silly heart sticker.  I love Tele Pluses.  Great range of tones.

Here's the guitar I got yesterday:

I waited a year for it to be made.  Totally worth it.

DutchMF

This is my main guitar, she's a Framus Diablo Custom. Got it through the German E-bay, from a guy in Austria who didn't know what he was selling. Not a scratch from a belt-buckle on the back when i got it. Framus is a German guitar builder whose prices are ridiculous at the moment, so I'm a happy camper! The finish is a weird gold thing, which looks great under stage lighting, I'll post a pic in my next post.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

DutchMF

This is the Framus on stage.....

DutchMF

These are nr. 2 and 3; Nr. 2 is one of the first Squires from the early eighties (probably an '82 Silver Series) and is used for general experimentation. Right now it has an ESP humbucker, which sounds like crap on it's own, but fantastic with a Wahwah and a high-gain amp. Nr. 3 is a no-name 7-string, which I bought at the Frankfurt MusikMesse a couple of years ago for only 85 Euro's. the guy I bought it from was Chinese, didn't speak any english or german, we made the deal by punching in numbers on a calculator......  ;)

Paul

LaceSensor

Quote from: pandadandan on January 28, 2012, 02:53:50 PM
Quote from: LaceSensor on January 27, 2012, 05:15:26 PM
Ive got a few....

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit we have the exact same Tele Plus Deluxe!  Here's mine:

I've since removed the gaffa and the silly heart sticker.  I love Tele Pluses.  Great range of tones.

Niiice
They are really cool, good quality guitars.
Here's the guitar I got yesterday:

I waited a year for it to be made.  Totally worth it.

LaceSensor

Quote from: jkokura on January 27, 2012, 10:43:03 PM
Lace... have you ever tried a Tele? I get the sense you might like them...

Jacob

My first guitar was a Squier Standard Korean Tele, its kinda stuck with me :)

pickdropper

I need to take new pictures, but this is my favorite of my guitars:

It is a Baker B1 that I had made for me a number of years back.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jubal81

Crappy cell phone pic, but here's my No. 1 - a Ric 620. I haven't even window shopped for guitars since I got it. However, I think I might give in to the Firebird GAS when I get my tax return.

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Matt Gnarly

I just got rid of 3 guitars and still have too many, but here's some of my favourites:

My punk/metal rig (Edwards Viper, Peavey 6505+) and Alt-country/americana/indie rig (Fender Tele, Traynor Mark III)

My oldest guitar, 60's Silvertone Mosrite Slider:

Custom Uke:

Goldtone Banjo:

jtn191

snz728

juansolo

I'm trying to cut down (the Viper is for sale...):

Fender Baja Telecaster. I've never liked Telecaster neck pups (more on this later), so had the body routed for a humbucker and a pickguard made. Dropped in a BKP Blackguard 50 bridge pup and an unpotted Mule (PAF clone) in the neck. All the S1 wiring was removed and it's just got a simple 3-way in there. Pretty much the 1st gutiar I always grab. It's nigh on perfect in every way.

Fender Stratosonic. Pups swapped for BKP-91's. Just a perfect thing. It's chambered mahogany and though it looks like a Strat it's sounds quite a bit LP.

TVMaster. It's a Telemaster parts-o-caster. Got it for a couple of pedals :) Body is from a GFS Xaviere and weighs a ton. Neck is from a Mexi Fender Classic 50. Pickguard is bake-a-lite. It came with a GFS pup in a Tele ashtray bridge. I've dropped in a TVJones Powertron Plus in a Tele Savalas bridge. Wiring is tone, no-tone, cocked wah. Sounds bloody brillant.

Ltd Viper 400. Currently selling this as it covers similar sonic ground to the Feline. As photographed it has had all it's EMGs pulled from it and replaced with a BKP Miracle Man bridge pup, Cold Sweat neck. The tone is a push-pull that splits the coils of both pups and the vol is a push pull that switches in an on-board SHO. It had battery provision so I thought why not use it :) Gonna pull the BKPs to sell it and drop in a set of Entwistles when they arrive.

Feline Lion Supreme. I ummed and ahhed over this for ages. I really am not a very good player at all and this is a very expensive thing. But it's purple, and I have a weakness for purple... Also it was a one-off custom built guitar that someone had made, then p-ex'd back with the luthier that built it for a V. Leaving it in absolutely as new condition but £1000 off... STILL I ummed and ahhed as it was still a lot of money. He offered to rout the baja and make me a pickguard for it if I bought it and at that point I couldn't say no.

Spec-wise it's loaded with BKP (noticing a theme yet?) Rebel Yell pups. This thing is sonic armageddon. It's so bloody heavy sounding it's untrue. Tight and thunderous. Not the lightest thing either.

---

Selling my Classic 50 has left me stratless. Instead I've decided to unleash my imagination and have engaged another luthier to build its replacement. Now I don't like trems or strat rear pups. As mentioned before I don't like tele front pups. I also find a strat more comfy, but prefer the shape of a Tele...

So he's building me a Stratele. Essentially a single cut strat with a telecaster backend. It's evolved much more since the initial idea and I'm sure it will continue to do so as it's built. But it's already starting to look cool.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

chip46

First is my '06 Highway 1 Strat. First real guitar. It started as an HSS model but is now HSH with coil splits and neck on switch. Has Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro's in the neck and bridge, and an Alnico II Pro single coil in the middle. Schaller/Fender locking tuners.

Here was my first guitar. Memphis Les Paul copy. Started out all black but changed the trim pieces to cream and put some GFS '59's in it.

This is my partscaster. MIM body and neck. Hopefully swap out the neck for something nicer down the road. Schaller/Fender locking tuners, Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot pickups.

Agile Al-3000 with a Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck and Custom 5 in the bridge. Kluson locking tuners.

Newest addition. '72 Tele Deluxe Reissue. Still stock for now, haven't had it long.

Also have a Squier partscaster with various parts scrounged from other guitars.

kinski

Left to right:

Warmoth Korina Strat
Rick Kelly Bowery Pine Tele
Gibson 60's Tribute Les Paul (added Bigsby)
Supro Dual Tone (early 50's)
Silvertone (Kay) Thin Twin (early 50's)