News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boomstick

Started by nzCdog, January 28, 2012, 11:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

One of the last boomstick pcbs Brian had... great thick sounding distortion, similar to JTM45 (apparently)
Bass Boost mod and Insane Gain mod... For the first time I used the project drill template... gosh that saves some time, shoulda done that earlier!  lol :D

madbean

Wow, that is tight! Clean enough to eat off. Super work.

Timmo

How do you get your insides so tidy?!  ???
The whole thing looks great! I'm a sucker for the plain non-painted enclosure look!
Are they decal's on top? Or is it etched? I can't quite tell...

jimmybjj

Very nice! Clean work.
Pcbs no longer available

jkokura

Corey! You were saying my guts are clean? Well yours are epic.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Thanks guys! :)

Quote from: Timmo on January 28, 2012, 11:50:21 PM
I'm a sucker for the plain non-painted enclosure look!
Are they decal's on top? Or is it etched? I can't quite tell...

Me too... plus its easier than painting ;)  Waterslide transfers with a couple of layers of clear coat on top

pickdropper

I like the look of the enclosure.  It looks like you sanded, but didn't take it all the way to a high polished finish.  What grit did you stop sanding it at?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

nzCdog

pickdropper... with some degree of embarrassment I must now openly confess I didn't touch this enclosure with sandpaper!

I have done so in the past, but these enclosures just looked fine with the 'brushed alloy' look so I din't bother this time... thanks for your compliment :)

I was reading at Beavis the other day and got the idea of using a wire brush tool on the power drill to get a similar look... I havent tried that but I'm keen to

pickdropper

Actually, that is good news.  The sheer amount of time required to bring an enclosure to a mirror finish has really put me off of it.  I'd rather spend my free time on the electronics side (which sort of explains why I haven't gotten around to making nice labels for anything yet).

Regardless, that enclosure looks really good.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

I totally agree! I like this non-polished look with some cool knobs and a nice decal. Just seems to look right for a distortion! Cheers on the look and the super-nice wiring.

bigmufffuzzwizz

That is soo slick!! Double yes for the ribbon wire, makes life soo much easier  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

cjkbug

what kind of dc jack is that. never seen one like that before
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

snz728

cory i thought the same thing about the thing in the bottom but I believe  its the battery snap

jtn191

yep dc jack's on the top