News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Need Help W/ Sunking!!

Started by Mojo, January 31, 2012, 02:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

When I turn the pedal on, I get sound and it works, but when the pedal is turned off, I get no sound at all.  Probably a wiring problem, but followed directions to a T.  Any suggestions??  Thanks!!  P.S. I'm using the DIY etched board.  

jkokura

First guess would be a wiring issue. However, since the pedal has a buffered bypass, the problem may lie within the buffer.

The problems could be a lot of things to be honest, we don't really have the details we need to be able to effectively help you. Have you looked at the "rules for getting tech help" thread yet? Check that out for some tips, along with these:

Check your parts are correct in value and orientation
Check your wiring very carefully
Check your soldering to make sure there are no cold joints or bridges.

Don't assume that you've done anything correctly at this point, assuming that will only make it hard to pick up a potential mistake. Even me, who has built many pedals still starts with the basic assumption that I have done something wrong when I have to debug.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Mojo

Ugh!  Double checked the wiring and solder joints which seem to be good.  The pedal completes the circuit and works when turned on, but does not complete when turned off.  All the components are correct and from the original schematic (No mods).  This is the 2nd pedal I have ever made and I am not an electrical engineer.  Would this might have to do with the foot switch?  Has anyone had a similar problem and what was their solution?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated