News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another Supplier.

Started by daviec, February 01, 2012, 11:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daviec

Hello All

I asked Brian if it would be OK to post a link to a US supplier of components and parts
I have no connection with them, I live in the UK.

http://www.surplus-electronics-sales.com

They sell some worthy parts at a very reasonable cost.
Hope you all find it of use

nzCdog

Hi daviec :)

They have a cool selection, slightly different to the other online retailers I frequent... thanks for sharing the link...

daviec

Thanks nzCdog

Are there any sites you use? Apart from the ones linked in "Parts Sourcing"

nzCdog

Not sure where that thread is, but it depends on your location... I'm in New Zealand, and use Jaycar(NZ),  RS Components(NZ), Element 14 (Aus), Effects Connection and Smallbear (USA)... I use Tayda(Thailand) a lot now as they have a good selection and cheap shipping... Oh and Ebay of course

Its always good to have extra options for those hard to find parts...  :)

daviec

Thanks, I will have a look over at Tayda Electronics.

jtn191

thanks Daviec

their knobs look pretty sweet

from,

a knob junkie

snz728

Yeah nice aluminum ones cheap--what is their shipping like?

nzCdog

They have awesome knobs, good prices too... shipping quotes are reasonable... nice find DavieC! :)

daviec

They ship first class post from US to UK, I have paid between $6-12 depending on weight (delivery 6-10 days) slightly cheaper that SmallBe\r.

With most purchases from the States I try and offset like for like components I would get from RapidOnline/JPRElectronic/Cricklewood Electronics to make it worth while.

I have notice that some of the KnobS are for 1/8" shafts, but they all look excellent quality

It was there Germainium diodes and OPamp that brought me to them, the 1N276 and uPC4570C are quality components (check out the spec sheets) for very little outlay and $0.75 for a LM108A is too good to pass up.

Tayda looks excellent value for money so thanks for the heads-up

david

lloyd17

thanks for the heads up, just placed my second order after the test order went perfectly. great place for I/o jacks, al knobs and ge diodes!

djaaz

Thanks, looks really interesting.
Spent a few minutes browsing. Especially the knob sections.

Where do you guys usually buy your knobs? i saw a few group buy for pots for instance, but i would love to find a cheap knob source.

jkokura

I usually get my knobs from the usual places - Smallbear, PPP, Mammoth and the like.

I like the Smallbear Davies clones best.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals