News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Delay Suggestions

Started by greyscales, February 06, 2012, 11:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyscales

I've decided to give a shot at a 2-in-1 pedal and hope to find some suggestions here. I wanted to make a pedal that I could use by itself if I don't feel like lugging around a pedalboard.

I already know the fuzz I'm going to use, but I don't know what kind of delay to include with it.
I want it to fit in a 1590BB, as I already have one drilled out from a failed effect, and no more than 3 knobs.

Some potential ideas I've had are either a guitarpcb D'Lay or a Rebote 2.5. But I'm not sure how much real estate those will take up with another.
I would prefer something with a low parts count. It doesn't need that much delay time either.

Thanks all.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

I second the Sea Urchin. I have built several rebote 2.5's. They are nice but there is something about the Sea Urchin that makes me like it a little better.

Chi_Boy

Sounds like you guy like the Sea Urchin a little bit.   Have you compaired it to the PT80?

TNblueshawk

Should there be concerns in matching the fuzz being used to the delay? Or, no matter?

I have a D'Lay board and with the additional mods you can add on, it can be quite the beast I think and hope too.
John

greyscales

I'm not too concerned with matching them.

Because everyone suggested it, I'm going to try a Sea Urchin. Once everything gets in and wired up, I'll post a build report.

mjcyates

The PT80 was the first pedal I built. It was a nice sounding delay. I haven't done a side by side comparison but my memory tells me that I like the Sea Urchin more. In my experience all of the PT2399 delays that I have built are very similar.

cjkbug

I just built a ggg schecho and that is a cool delay. uses one of the holtec chips from sb. gets abouyt 900ms of delay without any digital hash the pt2399 circuits can get with longer delay times. the pcb is gigantic though.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

sgmezei

Sea Urchin is an Easy build and sounds great.