News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

my poindexter build

Started by Strategy, February 08, 2012, 06:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strategy

my first completed madbean and my first pedal box with graphics (thanks local fastsigns shop!)
since this is a mutant of the octavia concept, I used a graphic from a record cover that depicts octavias. the record is by my bandmates' old band from the 1990s.

this poindexter will be used primarily on fender rhodes piano for the moment!

strategy

nzCdog

That's sick man... nice finishing!  I love the poindexter, its a riot ;D

Strategy

next up Karate Shop, although I think I'll do powdercoat/colors instead of a graphic!

I want the graphics to relate to music that the pedal "original" was used on. Like for the Deadpool, I will use an Os Mutantes album cover image. For the Pepper Spray I'll use an image related to the midwest rock bands associated with the Harmonic Percolator...etc.

Strategy

Quote from: nzCdog on February 08, 2012, 09:58:51 PM
That's sick man... nice finishing!  I love the poindexter, its a riot ;D

Bret608

This looks awesome! I've been trying to think of which octave-type circuit to tackle. Love how the art has the RM Octavia. I've got another of his pedals in that box. It's the Mongoose, which is purple. I've spent way too much time staring at it since it's so beautiful...

We'd love to see the insides of this too! You should totally do the Pepper Spray if you love '80s underground Midwestern rock. I built it for that reason and haven't been disappointed.

Strategy

the Poindexter is not exactly like an RM Octavia, so eventually I will have to build one of those too. I actually had a recently made RM Octavia in the spaceship case but it did not sound as good as the older model one my bandmate has. If I build one, I'm going to try to match components as closely to his pedal as I can.

Definitely going to finish the Pepper spray pretty soon.

Strategy