News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smoothie - Phase 45 baby board build

Started by madbean, February 09, 2012, 01:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Sounds marvelous!

Here's how I'm wiring up my 1590As----actually works out really well with the PCB on top of the jacks.

jimmybjj

Looks awesome. I really like the board layout on this one.
Pcbs no longer available

pryde

Man, very sweet!

I just built a GGG phase 45 and stuffed it into a 1590b (it was designed for a 125b). I might do one of these to save even more real estate. The GGG has a volume drop when engaged.

Do you notice any decrease in volume with this one?

nzCdog

bigmufffuzzwizz

Looks fantastic! I'm very excited to hear this one...
Are we gonna have to match JFET's for this project?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Om_Audio

very cool. This, a ring mod, and trem and I can get rid of my Line 6 MM pedal- ugh
Sent via soup cans and string.

Bluestrat

Yeah, I want one. ;D when will these be available?
Great layout in that box.

madbean

Couple things -

I did not have a noticeable drop in volume when engaged, but I'll look at the schem again and suggest a possible mod for increasing output level, if desired.

The PCB is done and can be submitted for production with the next batch. On that note, I might re-evaluate just exactly what the next batch is going to be. A couple of projects which I thought were finished I may want to spend some more time on, and projects that I thought were a ways off turned out to be more or less done (esp. a number of baby boards).

I'll try to get a more concrete plan for the next batch and get it posted in a couple of days. I will be including at least a couple of baby boards, though. There were a lot of requests in the Feb. batch "poll" so I want to take those into consideration too.

Haberdasher

Quote from: madbean on February 09, 2012, 02:59:05 PMA couple of projects which I thought were finished I may want to spend some more time on
Are the stage fright and collosus still a go?

thanks
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

Quote from: Haberdasher on February 09, 2012, 03:51:27 PM
Quote from: madbean on February 09, 2012, 02:59:05 PMA couple of projects which I thought were finished I may want to spend some more time on
Are the stage fright and collosus still a go?

thanks

Yes, both of those are for sure.

saxoftenest

YOU ARE KILLING ME WITH THESE.  ;D Amazing as always, Brian!

+1 for baby boards ASAP. I will take all the baby boards you can put out. And then I will play with them like this.

eldanko

Is that a mini Tesla cannon in the background?
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

djaaz

juansolo

Bring forth all the baby boards!

I find myself needing them very badly...

...all of them!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

madbean