News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bumble Bee + Mangler + Road Rage = Awesome!

Started by CurlyMo, February 07, 2012, 08:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurlyMo

The Mangler is a little darker than the GGG germanium Fuzz Face I built previously, but this build has more sonic mojo. Very big and thick sounding. The Bumble Bee is very cool and cuts nicely. It's really a wall of doom when I run both together, but who doesn't enjoy a bit of "that sounds like it's going to explode at any second"?

Super messy insides, especially since I used a separate RR board for each effect...something i will probably not be doing again when I throw a Mangler and a Range Master together in box.

sgmezei

Cool graphics man. That is ALOT of Fuzz! You can always take a RR out to use with the next project.

nzCdog

Haha love it... excellent build, love the graphics!  8)

pryde

Awesome build man, nice work!

what trannies did you use for the mangler? I got one to build next in line. Thanks

CurlyMo

Thanks guys! I tend to have the most fun getting the designs together. It is definitely a lot of fuzz. Kicking both in at practice last night was serious business. I can't imagine what it will do at volume this weekend...I just hope nobody gets hurt...

pryde - I used these from Small Bear:
        Transistor Pair, The Fuzz Face PNP, SINO - item # 0100

bigmufffuzzwizz

Those decals crack me up!! I'm guessing the bumble bee is a honey bee and not a burns buzzaround?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

CurlyMo

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on February 13, 2012, 08:23:26 AM
Those decals crack me up!! I'm guessing the bumble bee is a honey bee and not a burns buzzaround?

Thanks, the decals were fun to work up for this one. The Bumblebee/Circling Buzzards is a Burns Buzzaround and it is pretty wicked.

Its been a while since I had a Fuzz Face in the chain and the way I had the Mangler setup tended to get lost in the mix last weekend, but the Bumblebee had no such issues.