News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Weener Wah

Started by azrael, February 14, 2012, 02:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrael

Hey madbean, I was making my own wah layout, using your library in eagle. I was curious about how you did your Inductor part. The pad spacing is different than your library. I can't use the default pad size without some overlap. I'm okay with that for my single sided etches.
But I was wondering, should I space my pads like yours? Does it allow both Whipples and Dunlop Fasel inductors to be used?

madbean

There's a specific Whipple inductor in my library which you should have, but all the extra pads, including the ones for the Fasel, were just done as vias on the actual layout. Those are then connected to the two inductor pins.

If you are using a different inductor than those two, you could always do a hack...just use two supply pins and then connect vias to those in layout according to the pin spacing on whatever inductor you are using.

azrael

Okay ya, I was using that one, but if I use the same pad size as all your other parts, they overlap, if I place it on the lines that the part has laid out. But your Weener Wah doesn't have overlapping parts.
So I was wondering if the Eagle Part's pinout is the right spacing to fit both Fasels and Whipples? Your Weener Wah looks like the pads are farther. So should I do something like that? I just want to make sure both kinds of inductors fit haha.