News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cherry Bomb

Started by Sigesmundninja, February 16, 2012, 01:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigesmundninja

Finally finished my Turretboard Cherrybomb. Wrapped the enclosure in Tolex.. Not an easy task! Cut out a little piece of pickguard that might get some labeling in future. All so I may change the transistors later. Right know its sound awesome with gain set at 10! but below that its more like clean boost.

Liustucru

Wahou.
This is a piece of art !
Love the finish !
Love those big elephant knobs !
Turret board wiring is like anatomy !

Ettore_M

F*CKIN' AWESOME! Nice turretboard action you got there! ;) Seems difficult, though.. I've never tried a turretboard build.. And the tolex.. It's the first time I see a pedal wrapped in tolex.

Congrats on your build, man!  ;D

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

jimmybjj

beautiful, I wanna try one now :)
Pcbs no longer available

Bluestrat

Love this!! Very, Very cool inside and out. Inspiring! :o

Haberdasher

Wow, VERY cool build there, man.
fwiw, my pcb cherry bomb is the same way.  clean boost all the way to the end and then straight to high gain.  It sounds great, but there isn't any middle ground.  One day I might try a 5kb or 5kc for the gain control and see what that does.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

madbean

My god that is awesome. You win today's internet!

jtn191

sick finish!! different, classy ways of doing this is why we make these

gtr2

Really awesome build!

You should really post link those photos using a hosting service so they remain for all to see in the future!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Sigesmundninja

I'm very happy you like it. It sure was is fun to make turretboard-layout and stuff it full with mojo!
I actually have a Yellow-shark on turretboard all wired up but it sounds nothing like it should right now, I might make a third attempt to fix it this weekend.

As for the Tolex, it was really hard to make the corners look good, but I will keep trying since I had to buy
1m x 1.2m :D

hey gtr2, just got 5 of your 3pdt-boards in the mail today, they look really, really good! And that was some fast shipping!!!

nzCdog

Somewhere, some fake alligator will be smiling knowing what you made with his hide ;)
Nice job 8)

Om_Audio

sick build

Brian, lol- I think you meant to say 'interwebs!"
:P

Quote from: madbean on February 16, 2012, 05:14:54 AM
My god that is awesome. You win today's internet!
Sent via soup cans and string.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I love the finish! Really cool idea. And the insides... :o :o That is one impressive job!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Diamond

DAMN, that looks good! I really like the Overdriver circuit too. I use it to gain/fuzz up my amp's overdrive for really raunchy sounds.