News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lowrider - Lower octaves volume increase mod?

Started by lostgoonie, February 17, 2012, 03:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostgoonie

Has anyone experimented with making the lower octaves on the Lowrider louder?
Care to share?

madbean

Can you elaborate on what you mean by louder? There's a dry mix control already on there which lets you mix the clean signal down as far as you like. You should be able to make the octave down louder this way...or did you mean something else?

lostgoonie

Louder compared to the bypassed signal, is what I mean. The dry and Uoct level seem to have plenty of volume to adjust so it matches the bypassed signal and the ability to boost it.

The Doct1 can almost hit unity gain, and Doct2 is fairly low even when maxed out.

Hope that's clearer. Thanks for the quick response!

madbean

My guess is lower R46 and R55. These are the mixing resistors for the output. Can't say for sure what values will be best, so socketing them might be a good idea. Maybe 68k for R46 and 82k for R55.

lostgoonie

Thanks Brian!!
This is exactly what I was looking for! Worked like a charm, now to narrow down the resistor sweet spots.

claytushaywood

let me know when you get some values figured out!  I was under the impression that the UOCT was the one that was quiet... I assume you did the mod to get it louder that's listed on the official doc?

Some good values would be cool!  Thanks!

aballen

Well I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I am seeing the same thing on my lowrider, what did you come up with?

garfo

what resistorvalues did you use to increase the octave down volume?
Quote from: claytushaywood on February 20, 2012, 08:00:36 PM
let me know when you get some values figured out!  I was under the impression that the UOCT was the one that was quiet... I assume you did the mod to get it louder that's listed on the official doc?

Some good values would be cool!  Thanks!

garfo

Brian, is the 2n5457 pinout the same as the 2sk30?

wstimson

Quote from: garfo on May 10, 2013, 01:36:37 PM
Brian, is the 2n5457 pinout the same as the 2sk30?

My understanding is they are typically reversed, but you have to check the datasheet for the ones you've got.
I believe the screen on the lowrider board is set for the typical 2N5457 pinout.
I'd just put in a socket.  If it doesn't work, flip 'em over.  :)

garfo

Thanks,its as shown on the pcb.i wanted to know what values to use to incressem octd 2, anyone?

Neur0

I'm really taking the dust off this topic lol.
I have just finished my LowRider and with some tweaking and learning how to use it, it turned out to be a "not half bad" octaver. As for the DOCT2 volume: I currently have a 10k for R46 and that works great. Haven't tried to bring it back up to say 15-25k, but anything over 50k just didn't give me the volume I wanted. I also did all the stuff for the UOCT and it is now way too loud for me, so I'm still working on that. I do hear some tracking going on in the UOCT btw. It's not like "in your face octave up", but something is def there.
And the DOCT1 I use 60k on R55 which is okay, but I might go for 40-50k there. Those are the values that work for me as far as volume is concerned. Hope that was still helpfull after all this time. Otherwise it might be in the future as it was now for me :)
-Be Kind-
-Be Careful-