News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First completed build: the Banana Split Dual Overdrive

Started by DutchMF, February 18, 2012, 09:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Quote from: yerbouti on February 19, 2012, 02:41:35 PM
Ziet er goed uit Paul! That looks great. Good to see another Dutchman :-)

I'm really tempted to answer in dutch, but for the sake of our international pedal-building brothers I'll stick to english... Indeed good to see another Dutchie, do you know any good dutch forums/sites/parts stores? (except the usual suspects like Conrad or Display)
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Bret608

I really like the look of this! Are those the "small Boss" knobs or the large? I have trouble visualizing these things...

A complete build that works the first time is a sure path into this addiction!

DutchMF

Quote from: Bret608 on February 20, 2012, 09:46:26 AM
I really like the look of this! Are those the "small Boss" knobs or the large? I have trouble visualizing these things...

A complete build that works the first time is a sure path into this addiction!

Those are the small ones, and yes, addiction has set in! Must... see....  Pedalbuilders.... Anonymous......
Poor wife  ;)

yerbouti

Quote from: DutchMF on February 20, 2012, 08:25:14 AM
I'm really tempted to answer in dutch, but for the sake of our international pedal-building brothers I'll stick to english... Indeed good to see another Dutchie, do you know any good dutch forums/sites/parts stores? (except the usual suspects like Conrad or Display)

Try http://www.newtone-online.nl/ Lots of parts, fast shipping.

DutchMF

To anybody who's been reading this:

I posted earlier that I was quite disappointed about the finish quality of the enclosure I used, but it must have been a dud. In the same order from Mouser I had a green 1590BB, a red 1590BB, a purple 1590TRPB, a blue 1590TRPB and a black 1590A and all of them are flawless. Just didn't take the time to take them out of their wrappers..........

Paul

yerbouti

Hey Paul,

Did you order through the 'dutch' version of mouser?

TheCobbenator

Wow! Sick job! I used to love my ts808 into my OCD. Back when I had OD pedals built by someone else. Haha. I have been toying with this same idea! I've got both circuits lying around without a home.

Keep up the good work!

DutchMF

I just went to mouser.com and ordered from there, but i was in dutch, and the prices in euro's. Free shipping with orders over 75 euro's, but keep in mind that you have to ad the BTW (dutch form of tax), so at checkout it;s a bit more expensive than you thought...... :(

Last weeks rehearsal was cancelled (drummer at the ER, but he's ok now) so I got to use it with my marshall and some volume for the first time last night....... Overdrive heaven! The EgoDriver works great with the clean and crunch channels, and the Green Bean kicks ass through the lead channel, or combined with wah. Very satisfying!!!!  ;D

Paul