News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Overdrive with Class A Mixer?

Started by rjkanejr, June 15, 2011, 06:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjkanejr

I would be interested to see a PCB for an overdrive similar to the Lexi  (DMB Pedals).  The description of the pedal is as follows:

The 4 knob Lexi takes the classic Lexi sound one step further with the addition of the Clean knob. The Clean knob uses Class A Mixer technology to split the original signal and the Lexi signal, giving you the option to combine both signals!! The Clean knob function is so much more than your average blend knob, because you have two knobs(Level and Clean) to dial in any mixture you want, not just the boring 50/50 ratio in traditional "blend knob" pedals. The clean knob is absolutely cutting edge.

Does anyone know of an easy way to take say the a Tube Screamer circuit, Glittaratti, SunKing or EgoDriver and add a MIX knob to add back in the clean signal similar to the Lexi?

JakeFuzz

I think someone has the schematics for a Sparkle Drive. The SD uses an active clean blend. I even think Brian had a project coming up with a clean mixer...

cjkbug

I know Roger Mayer also makes a line of od's that split the signal in 2 and distorts each differently then mixes them back into 1 output. The univibe has a mix section at it's output you might want to look at as well.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

rjkanejr

While I am learning, I have no experience with schematics or Eagle (although I started fillin gmy noggin with info today about using Eagle).  I have only built three pedals to date, and while they work superbly and turned out great they were prefabbed boards.  I would love to see a PCB from Brian similar to the sparkle drive or the Lexi.  How about it Brian?

jtn191

you could always build this: http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1320462
It'd be interesting to use it with dirt pedals and compressors

tbh, "class A mixer technology" sounds like marketing hype to me...

stecykmi

Quote from: jtn191 on June 16, 2011, 03:26:15 PM
tbh, "class A mixer technology" sounds like marketing hype to me...

I'm not sure what that means really either. As far as I know, almost all low-power signals are mixed in class A amps. all it means is that there is a VDC bias of some sort on the signal so that the semiconductor is always operating in the linear range. whether is this a linear-biased transistor or an opamp with split power supply, they're both class a amps.