News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Diffused leds ?

Started by Ang3lus, February 22, 2012, 02:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ang3lus

I ordered some from mammoth, hooked them up with a 4.7k resistor, but they won't light up, is there any difference between a normal led and a diffused one regarding how to connect them to the 3pdt ?

(the connection is ok, i tried with some other normal led and it works fine)

gtr2

They should light as long as the polarity is correct.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Ryan

I would think they would work the same. Mammoth does offer a "diffused" LED right alongside a diffused submini incandescent bulb which doesn't require (and probably wouldn't work with) a current-limiting resistor. Are you sure you got an LED and not a bulb?

FWIW, you can make your own diffused led's with a little 1000-grit sandpaper and possibly a little 3-in-1 oil :) I often diffuse blue LEDs to reduce their retina-piercing intensity.

Ang3lus

was a bum led

damnit, i hate when that happens

Om_Audio

Nice tip!

Quote from: Ryan on February 22, 2012, 07:53:01 AM
I would think they would work the same. Mammoth does offer a "diffused" LED right alongside a diffused submini incandescent bulb which doesn't require (and probably wouldn't work with) a current-limiting resistor. Are you sure you got an LED and not a bulb?

FWIW, you can make your own diffused led's with a little 1000-grit sandpaper and possibly a little 3-in-1 oil :) I often diffuse blue LEDs to reduce their retina-piercing intensity.
Sent via soup cans and string.