Started by juansolo, February 25, 2012, 11:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

nzCdog

Wow!  What a graphic!  Very tidy build too

djaaz

The decal is just a bit much, which is as it should always be.

Really clean build.

I must admit, i'm still skeptic about these footswitch pcbs, Really so helpful?

juansolo

Just allows us to us more robust DPDT stomps rather than the 3PDT blue stomps. We used to do it as the other stomps were twice the money. These days they're actually cheaper but we still prefer the DPDT.

If I make a pedal for someone else I'll tend to use the blues as that's what people expect to see in there... Or if it's a circuit that needs to be grounded when switched out (most tube effects for example).

For the decal, the one I've done for Marauder's is actually much more appropriate for the pedal. But I just loved this one so had to keep it.

djaaz

Quote from: juansolo on February 25, 2012, 12:00:50 PM
Just allows us to us more robust DPDT stomps rather than the 3PDT blue stomps.

Can you say a bit more? I still don't get it.

DutchMF

Nice! Since you're using DPDT's, it's probably Millennium Bypass, right? Love the graphic!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

Quote from: DutchMF on February 25, 2012, 11:53:50 PM
Nice! Since you're using DPDT's, it's probably Millennium Bypass, right? Love the graphic!

Yeah they're millenium bypass.

Quote from: djaaz on February 25, 2012, 01:50:16 PM
Can you say a bit more? I still don't get it.

Never had one of those DPDT fail. Have had a couple of 3PDT fail. That's all.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

LaceSensor

Can you link me to how you do your decals?
I used to use self adhesive inkjet, but then for no reason they print bad now, I evn bought a whole new printer....

:( sad face

LaceSensor

Quote from: LaceSensor on May 22, 2012, 06:35:22 AM
Can you link me to how you do your decals?
I used to use self adhesive inkjet, but then for no reason they print bad now, I evn bought a whole new printer....

:( sad face

Found it!
http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/decaling.html

What brand of clear coat are you guys using?
With the decals, do they smudge unless clearcoated? How long for the print to dry?

Cheers!

juansolo

I spent ages getting the colour settings right in photoshop to get it to print right. Most of the problems come from it laying down too much ink. The settings that work for my printer are the media as matt transparency (it's a cannon profile for that), the quality cranked, the colour as sRGB and the rendering as relative colormetric. It just took ages messing around with different options to get it looking right. It'll probably be something completely different for something else.

We don't do them like we used to. That tutorial was for when we used rattle cans. It was just your usual automotive primer/paint/lacquer. We got no running when we did it.

We're going to do a new tutorial shortly as we now use envirotex. But again, that's straight over the top with no trouble (other than drilling through it!).

LaceSensor

Whaddya know, I just tried the transparency setting on my new printer and I appear to be back in business.
Thanks so much for the tip. I will still use toner transfer for non-colour builds tho. :)

juansolo

I usually also leave them to dry for a good hour before I even go near them. Forgot to mention that.