Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DARK ZAG... the Lowrider Octaver

Started by nzCdog, February 26, 2012, 05:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

My 9 year old son said to me...
'Dad, I wanna design a pedal for you'

As a prolific comic drawer, he created several designs using his pens and colouring pencils... 
It was a tough call, but in the end I chose "Dark Zag"... 8)

(Aww kinda cute... I'm very proud... In a fierce super-villian kinda way ;D)
Image was scanned and printed onto white stickerpaper...

stecykmi

DutchMF

That's very cool Corey! Must be nice to have your kid join in on your hobby. Props to the designer! Keep up the good work, little dude!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

chromesphere

A pedal builder in the making :)  Say where do you get your ribbon cable?  I've just started using it, its great for pots!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

sgmezei

Dude, I love it. Such a cool image and with a personal touch. Great keepsake!

Diamond

Where did you get those jacks? I really how they look.

marmaliser

Super neat and super artwork.  Congrats to u both

Haberdasher

dang, I would have the kid design all the artwork.  that actually looks great.  and you're not going to trump a kid's imagination, so there's that too!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

TNblueshawk

Dang, he's a mini Picasso  :D

Great lookin build, very clean and tidy.
John

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Hey thanks guys! :)
He sure has a good imagination... he has completed dozens of comic books, mostly in black and white coz 'colouring in takes too much time!'  He hasn't shown much interest in my music till recently, but he has sat down at my pedalboard with a guitar making crazy noises for fun a couple times now.  I'm very proud of him and this pedal is definitely a keeper. ;D

Quote from: chromesphere on February 26, 2012, 08:36:06 AM
A pedal builder in the making :)  Say where do you get your ribbon cable?  I've just started using it, its great for pots!
Paul
I got it from a local electronics store... it was 10 ply ribbon in rainbow colours.  The guy said to me, 'you know we have it in gray as well?'  I replied, 'this will be perfect'  ;)

Quote from: Diamond on February 26, 2012, 10:51:47 AM
Where did you get those jacks? I really how they look.
They're from Tayda.  They're pretty cheap, pretty solid, but not perfect... they seem to be designed for a slightly shorter jack than a neutrik/switchcraft, meaning the guitar lead tends to extrude from the pedal about a mm or so.  I don't know if my explanation makes sense... but I use them in most of my pedals now :)

madbean

Looks awesome. Dark Zag---what a cool name.

Bret608

I love this! My daughters like to join in on the pedal noisemaking when I play, and my older one did an abstract painting that she thought would look cool for a pedal. I agreed and thought it said "octave fuzz" or something in that vein. Anyway, you just totally supplied me with the proper technique--I wasn't sure whether to go with waterslide or what.

Yours is one of a couple of really cool Lowrider build reports I've seen lately...I may need to at least grab one of these boards before they're gone!

TheCobbenator

This is awesome!!!! I need to commission my nieces or nephew to draw me something. I love the idea!  How you digging the circuit?