News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chiron

Started by Roctopus, January 03, 2012, 05:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

I won a Sunking PCB from JakeFuzz during the 2011 PIF. I finally finished putting it together thanks to jkokura and Jamiroking, thanks guys! I named it after the Greek mythology centaur, Chiron. I plan to have it trophy etched with the centaur constellation and maybe add some more LED's. I also have a bunch of diodes to hopefully mod it with a dip switch but only have the BAT41's in it for now. Anyway, it sounds great and I decided to wire it buffer bypass.

JakeFuzz

Yeah! Good to see that board went to use! And it looks so good too. Diggin those knobs. Definitely post a pic of the trophy engravings, I would be very interested to see how that looks. Do you know how much it costs to do a pedal face?

Roctopus

Quote from: JakeFuzz on January 03, 2012, 06:30:47 AM
Yeah! Good to see that board went to use! And it looks so good too. Diggin those knobs. Definitely post a pic of the trophy engravings, I would be very interested to see how that looks. Do you know how much it costs to do a pedal face?

Hey JakeFuzz! Thanks again so much. I've done the trophy engravings a few times and the price varies from build to build depending on what I want on it but it roughly cost anywhere from $15 to $25. I will defiantly post some pics but here is a sample of one I did recently.

Basically they remove the paint to reveal the aluminum underneath. I really like how they've turned out :)

nzCdog

I love the multicolour caps in there... excellent build 8)
Woah that graphic on the 2nd one is sick!

Roctopus

Quote from: nzCdog on January 05, 2012, 02:18:02 AM
I love the multicolour caps in there... excellent build 8)
Woah that graphic on the 2nd one is sick!

Thanks man! I'll post pics after I get this one done too :)

Jamiroking

looks great man! Glad it worked out for you. Good call with the buffered bypass. There are very few times that it doesn't make my tone sound better, let alone worse than true bypass.

Roctopus

Quote from: Jamiroking on February 27, 2012, 02:11:12 AM
looks great man! Glad it worked out for you. Good call with the buffered bypass. There are very few times that it doesn't make my tone sound better, let alone worse than true bypass.

Thanks man!