News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ego Driver Mod Led Size

Started by BRGPollen, February 28, 2012, 05:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRGPollen

Hey guys,
      I'm finishing up my Ego Driver and was about to fire away and solder up the led clipping mod when I had a thought about incorporating the LED's into part of the design of the enclosure (ala the owl eyes I've seen here with the Tremolo build).  As sound is WAY more important to me, is there any disadvantage to using 3mm water clears instead of the 5mm?  Has anyone tried this?  I'm still new to understanding how all of this stuff works.  I figured that if color has anything to do with it, then size might matter.  (no punn intended)

Thanks yet again

"B"
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

add4

theoretically, that should not change anything.

Om_Audio

This will be good to know- I plan to build and Ego Driver and I have seen other projects with LED clipping and I was thinking the same thing about using them in the enclosure design. Be sure to post your build up so we can see what you come up with!
Clifford
Sent via soup cans and string.

add4

The sound comes from the forward voltage of the LED, which is supposed to the the same for 3mm and 5mm LEDs of the same type. High brightness and norma LED will sound different as their forward voltage is not the same.

I'm 95% certain to be correct in this, but maybe one of the forum gurus will say the opposite and i'll learn something new today =)

jkokura

Sounds about right.

I like the sound of diffused LEDs more than water clears if that helps.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals