News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blues breaker pedal build

Started by FilthyK782, February 29, 2012, 09:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FilthyK782

This was made from PCB layout for a Replica Marshall vintage blues breaker pedal. I always fancied building one so I etched the board and made no alterations from the general gadgets site. Came out pretty well with thanks to some graphics from my mate kev. It has nice bright white LED which looks great. Gigged it Friday night and it sounds awesome - best sounding build yet so thought I would share. Mate wants one now so good job I etched a spare board. Enjoy

nzCdog

Wow!  What IC did you use?  I love the pin connector things for the pot wiring... whats the deal with that, is that how the old BBs were made?  nice job! :)

jimmybjj

great job. i like your pcb, how did you do the "silk screen" layer ?
Pcbs no longer available

jkokura

I can see it's a TL072 in the one pic.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

FilthyK782

Yes the IC is a tl072. The pins WEre just something I thought I would try to get a nice clean connection with the PCB and the wiring. it also made it easier when I was testing the guts to clip crocodile clips onto. The silk screen layout was just a matter of printing out the layout t the same time s the PCB was printed for etching and once etched overlays on at he component side of the PCB. It takes a little fiddling about but once you marry it up and stick it to PCB I then lathered it and then drilled it. I thought it just made it look at little more professional. Thanks for the kind remarks.

bigmufffuzzwizz

You did a really good job on this. Don't see too many etched pcbs with a silkscreen layer. Looks really simple yet a fun build! The decal on the outside is also a perfect match!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals