News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gruntbox Family Portrait over at BYOC

Started by maysink, September 07, 2010, 07:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maysink

I got some gruntbox boards over at BYOC early this year. I think brian + cj made these? The build docs are all madbean... Anyways, the pics are here if y'all are interested!
[nothing to see here]
-e

Haberdasher

Very cool, maysink.  I built the triangle gruntbox with the mid boost switch myself.  I likey.
Which is your fave?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

maysink

Prolly the triangle and then the civil war. I've spent the least time w/ the civil war so maybe it's just the new-ness. But they're all pretty cool, even the opamp!
[nothing to see here]
-e

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

CRBMoA

My personal Gruntbox is a Triangle with BC549s.

But have built a couple of Ram's Heads for friends, and I like those, too. And 'Bean's Darkside is a killer rendition of Cornish's G-2, which I loved! (customer build)

It's kind of like picking your favorite ice cream. Their all good!

madbean

Very nice! I have a couple of Gruntbox boards hanging around that I need to populate. I even had a little ink stamp made for labeling last year, because I had planned on building around a dozen to sell. But, then things just sort of took off here, and  I never got around to it.

FYI: I've actually got a new muff board almost ready to go. It's going to be a little smaller than the Gruntbox and have one extra feature on it. It's actually the Mudbunny, but generalized to accommodate any number of Muff builds.

maysink

QuoteIt's kind of like picking your favorite ice cream.

eggs ackry!
[nothing to see here]
-e

andywragg

Hey guys,

one of those red boards misteriously made its way over here and so I had no choice but to make a Violet Rams head version. Sounds pretty cool.

It's right what they say - you can never get enough of a good muff!!

Used bits from a couple of sources over here, including a guy called Dr Tweak. He does an enclosure kit with all the jacks, Leds, bezel and switches for a really good price. All you need is to get your pots, knobs and then drop your board in and off you go.

madbean

That reminds me...I need to email Dr. Tweak! I hear he's got lots of good stuff over there.

andywragg

He has  that ;D

the Enclosure kits are brill!!