News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3pdt PCB's and madbean boards

Started by claytushaywood, March 06, 2012, 10:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytushaywood

I bought some of those 3pdt pcbs from 1776 effects.  I was just wondering what I should do about the LED and resistor on the serendipity board when using these pcbs- as they have pads for and LED and limiting resistor already?  should I just omit the serendipity LED and resistor or do I need to jumper or what?

the serendipity isnt a buffered bypass effect is it?

madbean

No it's not buffered. Jut omit the stuff on the Serendipity board and do the one on the 3PDT one.

gtr2

If you already wired up the serendipity board for the LED you can always just solder a wire from the SW pad on the serendipity to lug A1 on the 3pdt switch.  Whatever your preference.  :)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

claytushaywood

Quote from: gtr2 on March 07, 2012, 12:13:42 PM
If you already wired up the serendipity board for the LED you can always just solder a wire from the SW pad on the serendipity to lug A1 on the 3pdt switch.  Whatever your preference.  :)

Josh
Quote from: madbean on March 06, 2012, 10:18:28 PM
No it's not buffered. Jut omit the stuff on the Serendipity board and do the one on the 3PDT one.

So just for future reference- To use my footswitch pcb with LED- I omit the LED, R8 and the SW pad?

To use the 3pdt with the LED on the main board- I just wire the SW pad to lug A1 on my footswitch PCB

Is the serendipity meant to face component side down or something?  or do you just hook up the led from the trace side?

Thanks!

gtr2

Yes, that's correct for the wiring.

For the LED orientation...  I'm guessing you have a single sided board.  In that case I'd certainly use the 3pdt board.  (not for self promotion BTW)  It will just be easier to solder the led in place regardless of which way you have your components facing on the serendipity.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

claytushaywood

I've used two so far and they're great!  Simple design improvements like the shape of these 3pdts really sets them apart from the other ones- and of course double sided soldering- very handy for tight squeezing the jacks, dc jack, FS, LED and battery all in a tiny space.  The ease of drilling a hole for the LED is worth it alone. 

I was gonna do top mount I/O and dc jacks on all my pedals- totally not worth it with these boards!  So much time and space saved.  Of course the tidiness factor too- I used to make rats nests- Now I've been using solid wire to connect pcb to 3pdt pcb and my stuff looks phenomenal!
I've boxed 4 boards that have been sitting for weeks in the past 2 days!