News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ping-pong/stereo delay

Started by cjkbug, March 07, 2012, 04:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

I would love to do a stereo, ping-pong delay...probably pt2399 based. I love using a w/d setup or w/d/w setup with multiple amps. the spread you can achieve leads to some truly massive tones. I have a schematic somewhere for a stereo version of the echo base I found a while ago. don't think it's ping-pongable but it might be a good starting point. making the ping-pong feature switchable would be cool too.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

aziltz

I think an simple way to do Ping Pong with PTs would be to put 2 in series and tap both outputs (Short and Long).  I believe feedback from the Long output to the beginning would create traditional ping pong back and forth echoes, if the two delay time settings are sync'd like in the Cave Dweller Dub.

Feedback from the short output would cascade things a little more, but will most likely end up with equal echoes in both outputs at alternating volumes.  Could be cool.

Stereo Input to ping pong might be more complicated.  Either with 2 fully separate PTs with separate delay times, or 2x on one side, 1x on the other and sync'd delay time.