News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

La Vache - Sylvanis

Started by alanp, March 07, 2012, 12:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

The La Vache lives! I had originally planned on a horizontal layout, with the two stomps about three or four inches apart, but couldn't figure something out.

That's why the wires are messy -- I did most of them for a horizontal layout, not this vertical one. The LEDs are held in by the resistor wires (thought this was neat, no masking tape this time!) I thought I had ordered enough of the black and silver knobs to do all five boxes, but apparently not. So this one gets blue knobs.

Why Sylvanis? After the Queen of the Forsaken in World of Warcraft. She can sing like a bird if she wants, but if you piss her off you'll find out why she's also called the Banshee Queen.

(Naturally, right when I finished the last solder joint and was going to fire it up, my flatmate announces "Headphone time, I'm off to bed!")
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Great job Alan... I love the Lavache sound, awesome tones to be had

alanp

Considering how people tout this build as being very tweed-ish in some places, I'm quite disappointed that the bulk of the volume knob's sweep is actually usable ;)

Maybe it's the pickups in my strat, but it seems very, very soft and cuddly compared to the boogey so far. More titu'ing is needed! (Not a great hardship mind you.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Vastly different pedals tho!  The Lavache is very dynamic for a transistor based overdrive, one of my faves for that tweedy growl 8)