News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Suhr Riot

Started by eniacmike, September 10, 2010, 07:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I will release this one next week into the wild along with a couple of other projects. I'll shoot for...errr, Tuesday.

Please feel free to kick my ass a little on this. I want to do it...I just have much too much happening right now.

jkokura

Consider my foot in motion.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Victor Nery

Hi!

I'm a new member at the forum. I got really interested in building this one. I've read about some problems with the names of the trademarks but anyway would it be possible to post the schematic of this pedal?

Thanks

CK1

Quote from: Victor Nery on November 25, 2010, 04:23:42 AM
I'm a new member at the forum. I got really interested in building this one. I've read about some problems with the names of the trademarks but anyway would it be possible to post the schematic of this pedal?

I think Brian has a preliminary schematic up on freestompboxes.org (actually, I think someone else posted his schematic) that you could look for.  He said he was releasing this officially here on this site sometime this week (hopefully).  I'm jonesing for it, too, and I haven't even finished my first build yet!

madbean

Culturejam actually released the schem. I simply re-drew it to make a layout, IIRC. My schematic is incomplete because at the time there were some uncertainties in the cap values. I think those have been resolved.

CJ has built my layout and says it is verified. While I do have my board etched, drilled and ready to populate I have not found the time to finish it, as of yet. I have several other prototypes to complete first so I can get them ordered with the manufacturer.

I'm happy to post the documentation as is on the MBP forum. It would be with the caveat that I have not personally verified it, though. Honestly, I don't really expect to do a board for this one as there are already so many overdrives and distortions already available. I might instead do a small batch and just offer them on first come first serve....haven't decided at all.

Haberdasher

Is there a chance you might post the artwork here as well?  :)
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jkokura

I like the idea of a limited edition board. Make 50 and when they're gone, they're gone. I'd take one or two of these.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

madbean

Quote from: Haberdasher on December 02, 2010, 06:39:46 PM
Is there a chance you might post the artwork here as well?  :)

Naturally.

CK1

Quote from: madbean on December 02, 2010, 04:56:10 PM
I might instead do a small batch and just offer them on first come first serve....

Save one for me!

You know, I guess the main thing is to have a verified schem, even for me.  I don't have any plans to start etching boards (did that in school a long time ago), but I could always hand-wire it on perfboard, etc.  So, your current schem would be appreciated!

Ang3lus

Is there a guide on how to wire stuff from a schematic onto a prefboard ?

Victor Nery

Hi,

I tried to register at freestompboxes but couldn't make it. If someone could post the schematic I could prepare the layout.

jkokura

I'm not sure you're understanding. Brian's already got a layout. He'll get to posting it when he gets a chance. I'm sure you can find the schematic somewhere, or wait until Brian's ready to post his documents.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

madbean

I'm putting it together now, in between breaks. I'll have it up in a little bit.

Victor Nery

I understood. I just thought I could help somehow. I always do my own layouts because I have some different enclousures and most of the layouts don't fit them. Anyway I'll wait for the upload at the projects page.

Thanks

madbean

Quote from: Victor Nery on December 04, 2010, 06:21:56 AM
I understood. I just thought I could help somehow. I always do my own layouts because I have some different enclousures and most of the layouts don't fit them. Anyway I'll wait for the upload at the projects page.

Thanks

Your offer is much appreciated, Victor! I'm almost done...just trying to wrap my head around how best to do the three-way switching. A little info: the board will easily fit in a 1590B, so assuming your enclosures are not smaller than that, it should fit fine.