News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity clipping switch

Started by Jazzman, March 06, 2012, 05:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzman

Hi all, I'm about to start my serendipity board and was wondering is it possible to include a 3 position switch to do the diode/LED/lift thingy? If so, what would I need to make this happen, and how would I do it... (essentially I'm after the Zenkudo flavour of Zendrive)

mgwhit

You need to use a DPDT switch and connect the middle two lugs to the square pads of D1 and D3.  Omit Q1, Q2, D1, D2 and D3 from the main board.  Given the complex combination of clipping diodes and MOSFETs this circuit uses, I'd recommend wiring your clipping options on a separate (vero?) board.

GuitarPCB.com has a nice DPDT PCB for just this kind of experimenting, although it can't handle the number of clipping compenents in a stock Serendipity.  If nothing else, the instructions there will give you a good idea of how to wire the switch.  Good luck!

jkokura

Alternatively, you could get 6 different clipping options by utilizing the 6 ways switch pot from Coldcraft effects!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

oldhousescott

You could wire everything right to the switch. Remove the diodes D1 and D3 just from the round pads. Leave them connected at the square pad (cathode) end. Attach flying-lead wires to go to your new DPDT (on-off-on) clipping switch as shown in the attached diagram. Add the LEDs as shown as well.

Jazzman

Quote from: oldhousescott on March 06, 2012, 02:10:53 PM
You could wire everything right to the switch. Remove the diodes D1 and D3 just from the round pads. Leave them connected at the square pad (cathode) end. Attach flying-lead wires to go to your new DPDT (on-off-on) clipping switch as shown in the attached diagram. Add the LEDs as shown as well.

Thanks oldhousescott, this is probably more the option that I'm after. Cheers!

Oh, one more thing... what would you guys recommend for the LEDs???

oldhousescott

3mm or 5mm red diffused should work fine.

claytushaywood

I just finished the serendipity and am loving it... what a great overdrive sound!  Let me know how the LED's sound in there!