News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller 1 help part 2

Started by mikexc, March 12, 2012, 03:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikexc

Hi guys,

I'm working on the Cave Dweller 1 (almost done!) and it has 2 grounds? Do I use one ground for the power and another ground for the output? Can anyone tell me how to wire that up? I'm using the Madbean wiring diagram, bypassing the battery and using both mono plugs.

Thanks!

jkokura

All the grounds connect to each other. The second ground pad is added for convenience. For instance, as you've suggest you could connect two different elements of the pedal to the PCB allowing for less wire to be used, essentially cleaning up the build from the potential of spaghetti wiring.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

mikexc

Thanks Jacob for clarifying! Just finished it.

mikexc

not sure if I should start  a new thread for this but... The cave dweller is sick! Sounds so warm. It replaces my Flashback... But the echo pot doesn't seem to do anything? Or is it really subtle? Is this normal?

Thanks again...

madbean

The echo pot sends a single, minimally filtered repeat to the output. If you are not getting a single repeat when it is fully up, you might have a wiring problem.

mikexc

Thanks Brian, i checked all the wiring,  I had a bad resistor at R7, works great!