News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

preliminary- Mangler-report

Started by Sigesmundninja, March 09, 2012, 12:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigesmundninja

Posted a "mangler thoughts"-thread under tech help a couple of weeks ago where is presented my Idea about toggle-switches for both transistors and the trimpot in a mangler.. Had some time to test my idea and I'm happy to say it sure will work! I tested it with CV112's and BC109. There were not that much popping when I switched between the two either! :) Both bias-pots works fine but the main problem now will bee to source a couple of good BC108 or BC109 that have good gains or whatever (don't really understand all that... but I'm learning).

Will post more pics when I'm ready. Haven't drilled holes for jacks, DC and possibly a led yet. Will probably wait to finish this one until I get some shielded cable I just bought from eBay.

Bret608

Hey, looks like you might have gotten your enclosure from Pedal Enclosures! Am I right? They are beauties...I've never bought one but am actively trying to concoct an excuse to do so.

The transistor switcing is a really cool implementation. I remember Plum Crazy FX doing something like that--the Hambone was the name.

Sigesmundninja

its indeed a Prism I from pedalenclosures, Got 3 this Monday :)