News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Thunderpuss...... None more BLACK!!!!

Started by DutchMF, March 11, 2012, 10:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Finally got around to boxing up my Thunderpuss, the first board I completed some time ago. It's in a 1590A, all black.

Cute little fellow, I'll have to be carefull with the size 12's.....

I also tested my Porkbarrel and ChunkChunk boards, both are functioning perfectly and are awaiting their enclosures..... I'll keep you posted!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

JakeFuzz

Damn that is a nice looking enclosure! Hammond factory finish? Love that rugged looking matte black. Did you get that LED bezel from Banzai? I cant find those low angle bezels in the US. Cant wait for the new line of baby boards to be released!

DutchMF

Yeah, it's Hammond factory finish, looks real good and rugged as hell! Got the bezel from Banzai, if you want I can buy some extra with my next order and mail them to you. Should be cheaper than letting Banzai ship them to the US. The baby boards do look promising, but I find wiring all the stuff together in a 1590A a big PITA. Guess my fingers are to big.....

Paul

LaceSensor

Very nice matt black finish. sexy pedal.

nzCdog

Wow! Looks fantastic Paul! 
I'm yet to build a 1590A... tho a couple arrived in the post the other day ;)

alanp

Man that looks nice, it always amazes me how good the paint on you fullas enclosures are. Just a couple questions...

How's it sound to you? Does it drive the amp well, being a boost?

How easy is it to step on it, with the stomp that close to the side of the enclosure? Does it want to tilt, or fall over?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

DutchMF

He alanp, I agree the paint looks nice, but that's got nothing to do with me. Since I'm already learning so much with each build, I decided to go easy on the enclosures and bought them pre-finished. I'll answer your other questions when I get back from the rehearsal space tomorrow and had the chance to play it through the Marshall with some volume!

chromesphere

Sorry mate...i have to say it as well...that matt finish looks freaking hot!!!  I might have to get some matt black powder for powder coating or something..

Good job getting it all in there.  I built a one knob fuzz in a 1590a.  It's an achievement if you can fit it all in.  Their tight!

Well done!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

raulduke

Thats a lovely build Dutch.

I'm quite taken with the Matt Black finish too; do you mind telling where you got the enclosure from?

DutchMF

Quote from: raulduke on March 12, 2012, 03:11:39 AM
Thats a lovely build Dutch.

I'm quite taken with the Matt Black finish too; do you mind telling where you got the enclosure from?

Thanks raulduke! It's standard Hammond factory matt black, bought at Mouser

Paul