News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Weener Wah Transistor Orientation

Started by frankie5fingers, March 11, 2012, 12:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankie5fingers

Hi all.  I posted this on "General questions" maybe the wrong place.
I populatied the Weener Wah this afternoon.  As I read through the build pdf, I could use a sanity check on two of the trannies.  First the BC549C.  The build doc says to note that the 549 is loaded "opposite of a 2n5088".  Is that to say that even though the orientation is printed on the PCB, that  I should mount it opposite of that diagram?  Secondly, just for fun, I bought a glob top 2n3565.  One leg has some ink on it, I presume it's a standard pinout.  Can anyone confirm that?
Thanks

timbo_93631

Your answers lie in the Datasheets.  If you google 2n5088 Datasheet you will be able to dig one up that shows the correct pinout.  Here are two to help out out:
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

timbo_93631

Notice the Pinout of the 2N5088 is the opposite of the BC549,  EBC vs. CBE
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

frankie5fingers

Yup - I got it.  The note about BC549 being the opposite pinout on the build diagram got me wondering if that note was there to tell me to reverse the pinout from the diagram which is painted on the board or if the diagram was already reversed to accommodate the 549.  Anyhow, Brain sent a note and I got right.  I populated three boards over the weekend and got a little punchy by dinner...
Thanks for the replies.

Frank