News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Poindexter transistor error on the PDF

Started by youngstownguitar, March 10, 2012, 08:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngstownguitar

It shows 4 transistors but the PCB clearly requires 5.  What transistor should be used for Q5?
Here is the poindexter PDF:
http://madbeanpedals.com/projects/Poindexter/docs/Poindexter.pdf

I found this out because I'm building the pedal right now and I only have 4 transistors lol.  Does radioshack sell 2N3904 trannies or am I looking at a week wait from smallbear?  Or better yet, am I just reading something wrong?

madbean

You are correct--the BOM states Q1-Q4, but it requires 5 2n3904. I haven't been to Radio Shack in quite a while so I don't know if you will get lucky there or not. You could always put a call out in the new "Parts Jar" section of the forum---I'm sure someone can get you one. I should have quite a few myself, so I can drop one in the mail to you.

youngstownguitar

@Madbean if you have a couple I sure could use em.  I'd be happy to paypal you a few bucks for your trouble, shoot me an email or private message or whatever its called and I will give you my address.

I appreciate it man - your boards rock too - this is my fifth madbean build!

youngstownguitar

FYI, radioshack does sell 2n3904s for $1.17

thanks for the offer tho madbean!

bigb1984yaherd

You can also get and assortmentfrom ratshack that has 2n3904's, 2n4404's and 2n2222's. UNder five bucks for I think 15 ( five each) or something close to that.