News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy questions

Started by TNblueshawk, March 13, 2012, 08:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Hello peeps. I'm in the middle of building this puppy with the DD and Mod boards..along with the RRage thanks to many folks help. Got a couple questions if I may before I mush foward. This is a MN3005 build.

1. Got an assortment pack of LDR's at Rat Shak. No values marked on them. After all the reading I've done it is very important to get the "rigth" LDR value to get this sounding as good as it can. Is there any way to measure these things?

2. Really looking for any thoughts I have not thought about on this one. I'm using resistor lead clippings to solder from the daughter board onto the socket on the main PCB, like the pics are at the FSB thread by Abe, I think it was? Anyway, I wanted to use some 4001 diode clippings as they are much thicker but won't fit into the holes on the DD board. I'm sort of stuck with resistor lead clippings which sure seem too soft to plug 8 of them into an IC socket...but I'm sure it will work if careful. Would prefer something with more strenght if possible. Didn't know what others had used.

Anyone have any other ideas I can't think of for clippings? I tried some solid core wire I had but too thick as well.

3. What is the wiring set up to have a pulsing indicator LED for the Mod board? I swear I read something on that but when I'm going back in to find it I can't, so maybe I just thought I did.

Thanks for any help on this.
John

gtr2

1. Any of those LDR's will work.  Just use one sized close to whatever led you're using.

2. I used resistor leads.  Ones from xicons not Taydas resistors  ;)

3.  Info here... http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2648.0

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

TNblueshawk

To the rescue again!

I knew I had read that on the LED. Had a brain fart I guess on finding it again.

Thanks again
John

TNblueshawk

Ok, I might have a problem here in that there is no D2. I must have an old board. I guess I'm out of luck on the pulsating LED?

John

gtr2

You can still make it work.  Just wire in an LED between r6 and the board mounted LED.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

TNblueshawk

Ok, so just one leg of the LED into a pad on R6 and the other leg into the neg pad on the onboard LED? I assume R6 effectively acts as the CLR for this additional LED?
John

gtr2

Indicator LED, positive leg to R6, neg indicator LED leg to positive side of LED for LDR

Your just hooking them up in series.  You may have to adjust R6 to compensate for the indicator LED

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

TNblueshawk

Quote from: gtr2 on March 14, 2012, 11:09:31 AM
Indicator LED, positive leg to R6, neg indicator LED leg to positive side of LED for LDR

Your just hooking them up in series.  You may have to adjust R6 to compensate for the indicator LED

Josh

Got you.

Thanks Josh. If I didn't already have the box finished I think I'd rename it the Aquajosh in your honor  :P
John