News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mangler

Started by Sigesmundninja, March 14, 2012, 03:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Om_Audio

Cool! Let's hear it! Also, did you have a schem for the tranny switching mod?
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

shawnee

Man that looks great. Super clean build!

gtr2

Great build.  Love the look and enclosure.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

That is soooo sexy!  :o Love the look and the guts make tasty viewing 8)

slimtriggers

Very cool.  Has sort of a cold war era military device look 8)

stevenrun

Love the retro look. Looks like a panel off a 1960s nuclear reactor or something.

Sigesmundninja

I'm really glad to get all these positive response, thank you guys! Will see what I can do about a audio-demo.

Om_Audio:
this is how I wired the switching. (nevermind the orientation of the transistors, think the OC's are mirrored)

Om_Audio

Wow, thanks. So I am a n00b for the most part but-
1- Did you pick Q2 to put the trim pots on for any particular reason vs Q1?
2- Did you consider an external trim for both trannys on Q2?
I don't really understand biasing yet but I assume it is somehow an adjusting that only needs to be done on one tranny or the other. 
Quote from: Sigesmundninja on March 18, 2012, 03:47:39 AM
Om_Audio:
this is how I wired the switching. (nevermind the orientation of the transistors, think the OC's are mirrored)
Sent via soup cans and string.

Sigesmundninja

Not that I'm a expert on this, actually I don't understand it at all. I will let someone else answer why the bias is on Q2. The reason the pot for germanium Q2 is exterior is because germanium's are heat-sensitive, if if its cold the bias-pot is in one position and if its warmer I might turn it to another position. Silicon-transistors aren't heat-sensitive and to my ears they just sound good i "one" position, that's why the silicon-bias is internal....  I think  ;D