News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Build Blitz #3 - The Swellerator

Started by DuctTapeRiot, March 14, 2012, 07:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuctTapeRiot

Ok so its not really a build blitz, i just finally got my hands on a camera.  This is a Pork Barrel .  Also used the light up pots, I really need some better LEDs the rate one is no where near bright enough. I have never had a chorus before so am still feeling it out, I like it though, I got all spacey with it and some delay and OD tonight. I added a roadrage charge pump for 15v.  Also I think I am done with batteries.

Guts

DutchMF

Nice!How does it sound on 15V? And where did you get the lighted pots/see-through chickenheads?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

DuctTapeRiot

Well, I never tried it at 9V, and I have never had a Chorus before, but it sounds great to me!!  It goes from nice and subtile, all the way into super weird territory.

The clear shaft pots are available at SmallBear, and Mouser (SB is way cheaper and has more available values).  The Davies style clear knobs are also as SB, and the chicken head ones I found from a link in one of Brian's build reports and are available from Amplified Parts. I also had some tiny daughter boards made for mounting the LED in the pot shaft.

v00d00blues79

I tried my pork barrel at both 9v and 15v and to me 15v sounded a lot better.  It sounded more like my early 80's ce-2.  Love the finish!

Andy

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

cjkbug

I got blisters on my fingers!!!