News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

wolfshirt in a 1590b

Started by eniacmike, September 13, 2010, 05:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

It was a tight fit but possible. I used the shorter 10uf electrolytics on the top 4 to help it fit in. the switch underneath the top makes it a tight squeeze. I used the drilling template that was in the build document.

This is the funnest fuzz pedal. I always forget how much I like it.

paint is testors one coat "diamond dust" I really like the one coat lacquers they go on really fast and dry quickly and evenly. I used spray on polycrylic lacquer clear coat over the waterslide decals. ampeg knobs. I wasn't sure about what knobs to use, but these are growing on me.

pigyboy

gtr2

Thanks for the details on your great build!  Where did you get the transistors you used?
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

I got them locally at this place in houston called EPO. electronics parts outlet. very cool store, but I wiped them out I have 4 transistors remaining, and I am pretty sure one of them is dead. I also got all their 1n34a's and have about 20 left. It's my favorite store aisle 1 transistors, aisle 2 resistors, aisle 3 capacitors. etc. but all the "mojo" parts are raided and they never restock. Even simple things like tl072 they had a bunch but they have been out of stock for months now. Houston is a pretty cool spot for electronic hobbists we have tx instruments, tyco, ratheon, haliburton, etc. here so there is alot of engineers that prototype stuff in town. I'm always running into interesting types.

gtr2

Where I live we have no "electronics stores" except "the shack" but not only is that place a rip off but they also hardly stock anything useful for pedal building except 5mm LED holders.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

Quote from: gtr2 on September 13, 2010, 05:20:30 PM
Where I live we have no "electronics stores" except "the shack" but not only is that place a rip off but they also hardly stock anything useful for pedal building except 5mm LED holders.

I go to the shack too sometimes. I like their knobs they have the huge knobs like on the fulltone supatrem, they also have these GIGANTIC mxr style knobs.

I do realize I am really lucky to have electronics stores in town. We have 3 fry's here too and they price match so I go buy my hammond enclosures there. Mostly they just have NTE replacement parts which is a huge rip off but I also buy solder, led holders, heat shrink tubing, etc. at fry's.