News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

If you took a Yellow Shark and fed it to a Sunking...it leaves Serendipity

Started by phil esposito, March 18, 2012, 07:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgmezei

Whoa dude. That is an awesome enclosure and you packed in my three favourite OD's right now. I am way too clumsy to have my footswitches that close haha. I love the finish and the knob size coordination  ;D

phil esposito

Quote from: sgmezei on March 18, 2012, 08:16:12 PM
Whoa dude. That is an awesome enclosure and you packed in my three favourite OD's right now. I am way too clumsy to have my footswitches that close haha. I love the finish and the knob size coordination  ;D

Thanks! I actually got lucky on the knobs as that's all I have left!1

nzCdog

phil esposito

Quote from: nzCdog on March 19, 2012, 06:55:18 AM
You dip that?  Looks killer.  8) What's the enclosure?

Thanks!  I didn't dip it, I did the toothpick method...there's a thread somewhere on this.  This was my first attempt at it and it turned out great.  There is a lot of blemishes on the sides and bottom but who cares.  I would recommend the process to everyone.  It's very messy but very fun and rewarding.  I just let it dry over night and gave it a couple of coats of clear coat in the morning.

The enclosure is the big one...1590DD.  I've narrowed my drives down to these 3 (for now ;)) and I wanted to save board space and power plugs and this worked out well.  I think I'll be doing it again with something else.

jkokura

It's an interesting orientation for a 1590DD. Why didn't you go with the horizontal orientation most of us would use?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

phil esposito

Quote from: jkokura on March 19, 2012, 08:29:50 AM
It's an interesting orientation for a 1590DD. Why didn't you go with the horizontal orientation most of us would use?

Jacob

I've always been...different.

I actually save more board space this way as it extends into the empty space between 'rails' on my pedaltrain if I hang it over the front edge a bit and it snugs up close to my wah.

raulduke

Brilliant stuff.

Thats you covered for OD needs for a while then  ;).

I like the swirly too!

DutchMF

I think you just OD'd on OD's! ;) ;) Cool looking pedal, dude, and huge!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

phil esposito

Thanks guys...I really like the YS as a low gain drive and then kick the Sunking on to get things cookin.  I use the Serendipity as a smooth lead tone with either.  I'm very happy with these stacks so I though why not..

Now to figure out my fuzz!!!   :D