News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quick, easy tutorials

Started by madbean, September 13, 2010, 08:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

In lieu of the mega video tutorial set I'm going to crank out about all things stompboxes, I'd like to do a few quick and easy written tutorials to get some content on the "Learn" page. Is there anything you guys want to see demonstrated or have an explanation of? It could be anything that is a sort-of tip or shortcut, etc.

jkokura

I think a good tutorial on how to build, setup and use a testing rig would be good to start with. Beavis has a good one I'm sure you know, but a good one here would be good too. Sound good?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pauloman80

Quote from: jkokura on September 13, 2010, 10:44:48 PM
I think a good tutorial on how to build, setup and use a testing rig would be good to start with. Beavis has a good one I'm sure you know, but a good one here would be good too. Sound good?

Jacob

+1.  I really like the setup Brian has and would love to replicate it.
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

gtr2

Etching enclosures and testing rig/dubugging +++1
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

Okay, the first two tutorials will be on building a test rig and ordering from Mouser. I already have the stuff to demo the test rig.

I was thinking (trouble, I know): how about a little guide on how to build your own "Inventobox" type thing for about $30? I was working on this a while back with Dano from Beavis Audio, but it got dropped due to lack of time.

eniacmike

etching pcbs
etching enclosures
testing ge transistors (I have read all the articles but I still haven't been able to get good readings on ge trannys)

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer