News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MOTHER OF ALL RESISTOR KITS!!!

Started by cjkbug, March 25, 2012, 08:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

DEAL OF THE CENTURY! These guys sell some really great vero board in massive sizes for complex projects.
check 'em out

http://www.veroboard.com/86x50pcs-e12-1-14watt-full-range-resistor-kit-p-209.html
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

ckim715

-Charlie

jtn191

have you bought from them? how's their shipping time/cost and (physical) quality of resistors?

jkokura

If it weren't for all the useless values I would agree its a good deal.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

cjkbug

Quote from: jkokura on March 25, 2012, 12:24:27 PM
If it weren't for all the useless values I would agree its a good deal.

Jacob
don't know what your talking about. the more complex stuff I build the more I seem to need those "useless values"

jkokura

Oh, I mean the first two packs. I don't really need 50 pieces each of: 1 Ohm-1.2 Ohm-1.5 Ohm-1.8 Ohm-2.2 Ohm- 2.7 Ohm-3.3 Ohm- 3.9 Ohm-4.7 Ohm-5.6 Ohm-6.8 Ohm-8.2 Ohm. That's basically 600 useless resistors to me.

Believe me, I think it's a good deal on all those other values, but I'd be emailing them asking them if I could substitute a second 5th pack instead of the fist pack...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

cjkbug

Quote from: jtn191 on March 25, 2012, 12:22:25 PM
have you bought from them? how's their shipping time/cost and (physical) quality of resistors?
havent tried the resistors yet but 4300 1% resistors for under $30 bucks sounds great. their copper clad, vero, perf, and IC sockets and pin headers are fantastic. I received my orders in usually 3 days. they are the only place I found that supplies vero big enough for some of the crazier vero layouts I've seen. they have a new wider gauge vero that would make things easier for guy's with beginning soldering skills.

crash

If I could buy only packs 4, 5, and 6, I would do it.

midwayfair

The seller's on amazon with Free shipping. Even better.

You only have to build something like 4 complicated pedals before this is a better deal than buying 151 resistors piecemeal at small bear's regular price ... Can't imagine what a guy like me would do with a couple thousand of the uncommon values, though. :(

saxoftenest

Couldn't resist... so to speak... I mean...  I ordered through Amazon, we'll see! ;D

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on March 25, 2012, 05:24:48 PM
Oh, I mean the first two packs. I don't really need 50 pieces each of: 1 Ohm-1.2 Ohm-1.5 Ohm-1.8 Ohm-2.2 Ohm- 2.7 Ohm-3.3 Ohm- 3.9 Ohm-4.7 Ohm-5.6 Ohm-6.8 Ohm-8.2 Ohm. That's basically 600 useless resistors to me.

Believe me, I think it's a good deal on all those other values, but I'd be emailing them asking them if I could substitute a second 5th pack instead of the fist pack...

Jacob

I respectfully disagree.  I could see them being useful if you ever run of out 2.2kOhm resistors; you could put those 600 resistors in series and solve the problem.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

CRBMoA

Quote from: pickdropper on March 26, 2012, 02:41:22 PM

Jacob

I respectfully disagree.  I could see them being useful if you ever run of out 2.2kOhm resistors; you could put those 600 resistors in series and solve the problem.   ;D

^^^ Yup! I have bought and traded for a lot of 'useless' values at ridiculously low prices. Making teepes to hit certain values is a great way to utilize such stock.

On the contrary.....I normally buy resistors 100-200 at a time in any given value. Now, I don't need 200 33ohm resistors. But I can sure build 'em for cheap with what I DO have on hand!

pickdropper

Quote from: CRBMoA on March 26, 2012, 03:13:53 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on March 26, 2012, 02:41:22 PM

Jacob

^^^ Yup! I have bought and traded for a lot of 'useless' values at ridiculously low prices. Making teepes to hit certain values is a great way to utilize such stock.

On the contrary.....I normally buy resistors 100-200 at a time in any given value. Now, I don't need 200 33ohm resistors. But I can sure build 'em for cheap with what I DO have on hand!

On a serious note, I do this more with surface mount stuff.  At work we always call it "tombstoning" resistors.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

crash

I suppose I could always sell the values I don't use on ebay. 

Now just where the hell am I going to store all those resistors?