News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NCPBD

Started by pickdropper, March 25, 2012, 01:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

It's new cheap pedalboard day.

I wanted something to help organize my home lab but was too cheap to buy another pedaltrain.  I grabbed one of the popular IKEA gorm shelves, took it apart, cut the pieces to size in the woodshop at work, slapped them together.  A bit of picked white stain and some enamel and this is what I wound up with:

too go along with it, I have a guitar on loan/evaluation from my friend.  I wish it was as inexpensive as the pedalboard.   ;D

I love this thing.  I don't think I want to give it back.  Most usable bridge pickup I've ever had on a strat.

I still need to clean up the wiring on the board, but I can deal with that later.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

cjkbug

everything but the wah is diy ehh? they all look very classy together, very handsome. you should be proud.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

Ettore_M

Nice! I really like the resullt, and your really cool collection of diy pedals!
Now I have to make one of these IKEA pedalboards, because all my pedals are scattered on the floor..  ;D
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

alanp

That looks so clean with the white boards and the cabling.

I've got some old fridge racks I'm going to recycle -- lots of slats for zipties, cables, L-bend at the end to stand 'em up a bit, light, variety of sizes... I'm just missing a power pack, patch cables, and money :(

What is the horizontally laid out 1590B ?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Jargo

Quote from: alanp on March 26, 2012, 04:29:24 AM

I'd say Fuzz Factory!

pickdropper

Quote from: cjkbug on March 25, 2012, 05:33:26 PM
everything but the wah is diy ehh? they all look very classy together, very handsome. you should be proud.

Thanks for the compliments.

Yeah, everything here is DIY but the wah (which is a Teese modified Vox).

My main pedalboard has some commercial stuff, but I find I am migrating more and more to DIY.  None of the commercial stuff I have here at home made it to the board.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: Ettore_M on March 26, 2012, 12:49:44 AM
Nice! I really like the resullt, and your really cool collection of diy pedals!
Now I have to make one of these IKEA pedalboards, because all my pedals are scattered on the floor..  ;D

That is the *exact* reason I did this.  I didn't need something road worthy, but I needed something that would de-scatter the pedals in my office.

The IKEA shelf is $7, so it is pretty cheap.  The velcro is actually the most expensive part of the build.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: alanp on March 26, 2012, 04:29:24 AM
That looks so clean with the white boards and the cabling.

I've got some old fridge racks I'm going to recycle -- lots of slats for zipties, cables, L-bend at the end to stand 'em up a bit, light, variety of sizes... I'm just missing a power pack, patch cables, and money :(

Old fridge racks sound like a cool idea.  Please take some pictures when you are done; I'd like to see it.

Jargo is exactly right, it is a Fuzz Factory. Or as I like to call it, The Wild Oscillating Fuzz Bastard.

And, in case anybody is interested, the guitar is a Callaham.
Function f(x)