News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ferb reverb

Started by aflynt, March 26, 2012, 03:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aflynt

I'm in the process of creating a Dual Reverb pedal based on the Hermida/GGG reverb using the Belton brick. It will basically just stay on top of my amp providing Reverb for both channels of my old '68 Fender Showman. I did my own layout for it in Eagle and just got the fabbed boards in from Dorkbot. I don't have all the parts in for the dual version yet, but I was itching to hear the thing, so I put together a quick single build using parts I had laying around. It's pretty fugly, but it sounds great. The mounting tabs work pretty nicely too.

So you can see where I'm trying to go, here's the layout for the final product:

-Aaron

timbo_93631

Awesome fabbed PCB.   Just great.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Jargo

Will you be selling this? at least the PCB? it would rule

aflynt

Quote from: Jargo on March 26, 2012, 06:17:38 PM
Will you be selling this? at least the PCB? it would rule

I hadn't planned on it. "Product" was probably a poor choice of words in my original post. :) I really just intended to build this for myself. I'd be willing to share the .brd with anyone that wants to fire off another Dorkbot run, though. Through them it would be about $25.58 per batch of 3 boards.

I don't think the layout is ideal for single boards though since the mix pot is on the bottom. The holes for the Belton brick pins are also too small for direct mounting, so you'd need to use leaf sockets like I did here.

-Aaron

eldanko

Fender amp knobs rule.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

aflynt

I decided to redo the single version of this pedal before I build the dual version. I managed to fit it into a 125b. I think it actually turned out pretty nice. I'm kind of wishing I'd actually bought a painted enclosure for it though.

-Aaron

nzCdog

Looks great, nice build!  8)
My instant reaction to the name 'ferb' was to associate 'Phineas' from the cool show my kids watch on tv... 'Phineas and Ferb'

pickdropper

Quote from: nzCdog on April 09, 2012, 02:34:28 AM
Looks great, nice build!  8)
My instant reaction to the name 'ferb' was to associate 'Phineas' from the cool show my kids watch on tv... 'Phineas and Ferb'

Exactly my reaction as well.  My 7 year old daughter and I watch that all the time.  As far as kids shows go, I think that is actually one of the more entertaining ones.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

aflynt

Hah! :) This is the first I've heard of the show, but I'll definitely need to check it out now. I actually named it after a band my Dad used to talk about that he met back in the '60s. He will often tell a story about first hearing the band at a double billed show they did with his band, The Cumberlands. After hearing them, he thought they were great and asked what the name of their band was. They replied "The Ferbs." Thinking that they had said "The Verbs" he replied "Great name. 'verb' being an action word really reflects your energy and upbeat sound." To which they said, "No. The Ferbs. Like on the amp, man." Anyway, I always think of that story when I think about Fender amp reverb.

-Aaron

nzCdog

Cool... a name with a story is a good name 8)