News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

boss heavy metal hm-2

Started by eniacmike, September 15, 2010, 05:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

I think the reason nobody has cloned these is becuase you can find them for dirt cheap on ebay, but alot of metal dudes swear by them.

interesting clipping with 3 different clipping stages. I was trying to make a vero layout but I got lost.

madbean

I had whatever was the original version of this, I think. Back in '89 or so. Actually, it was the first pedal I ever owned! I wish I still had it...at least to gut it and re-use the case. I honestly cannot remember at all what this thing sounded like.

eniacmike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNQve866m0g
entombed uses the boss hm-2

jesus and mary chain, mbv, tad, swervedriver also used it.

gtr2

wow that video made me dizzy   :P
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mattc

I'd really like an HM-2 as well :)

Bret608

Swervedriver did indeed use this as I saw it up close on Adam Franklin's pedalboard back in both '94 and '97. Thanks for the reminder! I remember that it seriously cut through the mix. The band Love Battery also used it for the heavier stuff. I've thought several times about picking one up for fun. It pretty much lives in similar sonic territory to the Rat as far as my ears are concerned. Since I've got a Roger Mayer Mongoose (Rat on 'roids), I've never pulled the trigger on an HM-2. I'll bet the HM-2 works better live, given the greater EQ control.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I thought Jesus and the Mary Chain used a Shin Ei FY-2..or was that only on Pyschocandy??
Now that i think about it this was the first pedal i purchased as a kid.. :)
Of course a re-issue
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

the3secondrule

just bumping this one for sh!ts and giggles.

I really regret selling mine, and now they seem to be impossible to get hold of in new zealand, and many ebay seller wont send internationally  :(
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"