News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Instant Lofi Junky

Started by nzCdog, March 29, 2012, 11:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

I love this sound... wonder how hard it would be to make?
I used to have a Porkbarrel which had the most delicious sounds in 'Vibe' mode... this takes things a step further... me likey

marmaliser

I think i f I had made a pedal and it sounded like that I would have thought it was broke  :o

nzCdog

haha... exactly! ;D  like a dirty ole tape deck warbling away... love it  8)

jkokura

I haven't tried one in person yet, but I haven't really liked the sound of the demos I've heard. To me it sounds much like a noisy, terribly filtered, vibrato pedal.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Strategy

I think the circuit uses a THAT "VCA on a chip" to do really severe brick wall limiting, which is mimics the sound of the original Loop Junkie. I think a "work-alike" design could be done by combining an optical limiter circuit (there are a few low parts count ones) and a PT2399, which has been used in some vibrato circuit and has a pleasant limited bandwidth/tape like sound...

Will.mendil

Hi, I cannot find the schematic of the Zvex pedal you talked about, has anyone got a link, I  can't find it on the their you've posted

gtr2

Quote from: Will.mendil on February 19, 2014, 01:28:45 PM
Hi, I cannot find the schematic of the Zvex pedal you talked about, has anyone got a link, I  can't find it on the their you've posted

There isn't one.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

velouriafx

I really want to build this or simmilar stuff. The vibrato is killer.

raulduke

I have an instant lofi and it's a great pedal. Instant boards of Canada :)

A madbean pt2399 equivalent would be awesome. The lofi nature of the chip would be a benefit IMO.

The limitation with it is the blend between compressor and vibrato. Having the effect in series with more control would be really awesome I reckon.

Boba7

I didnt want to spend so much money on a Zvex Instant lofi so I decided to try and build a similar sounding circuit with a few extras : Mosfet comp (Circuit Salad) into Pitch Pirate clone (Mid-fi Electronics) into Sonic Reducer (Parasit Audio)
The resulting pedal is here (pics and sounds included): http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=22701.0

And I just love it! :)

DieterLaser

JackSkellington

I would like to know much about this pedal, too.
Schematic, gutshot, some clues to know how it's made. Any clone of whatever.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»