News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krankasaurus with bass cut mod

Started by chromesphere, September 17, 2010, 06:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi all,

The krankasaurus is about...number 20 on the build list so far for me.  Some pedals are of 'so-so' use.  This ones going to get a work out :) Bass cut mod adds a bit of extra versatility to the effect and if you have the space i recommend it.

Thanks madbean.

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

madbean

Looks great! Did you modify the input cap for the bass cut, or implement it somewhere else?

I was thinking of adding the mods necessary to make a "Distortron" out of the Krank or Boomstick.

chromesphere

Yeah, just the input caps.  I used 22nf and the stock on that switch (on/on all i had on hand unfortunately).  Still does come in handy! 

Had a bit of trouble finding those values in 9mm (easily) for the pots, so i just used 16mm in a BB size box.  Left plenty of room for the switch though!

"box of crock" was the most moronic name i could think of...I'll try harder next time

gtr2

I really dig the knobs on that beast!  The colors, font, and LEDs work great with each other.  Thanks for sharing...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

chromesphere

Thanks gtr2!

Knobs are from futurlec.  much cheaper at 50c each approx, opposed to some of the other 2+ dollar each knobs ive used in the past!  

I kind of ripped off the box of rock with the color scheme.  Red led and labelling for the distortion side and orange led / labelling for the boost side.

The crocodile section was my own doing.  Oh i actually have the file on my server if anyone wants it: www.chromesphere.com/x/pedal/BOX_of_Crock.png

I wont show you the inside :o havent quite mastered the art of keeping all those wires neat and tidy yet!

CS

madbean

Well, lookie you and yer fancy 3d website :) You front page image is very nice.

Before I became a pedal building freak, I went to a (sort-of) school for 3d animation. I loved it....but I love stompboxes way more now!

chromesphere

Thanks Madbean, its (another...) hobbie of mine.  I still tinker around with it every now and then.

Pedal building has consumed most of the last couple of years though. I finish one, then start thinking about the next...

Help me doc...

gtr2

Thanks for sharing your knob source.  I might have to cop some of those for a future build...and the price is right at 90 cents.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer