News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

the Jimi Rig

Started by cjkbug, November 09, 2011, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

It is really impressive work. I would love to see/hear a demo of this bad boy. I REALLY dig the Wah!

raulduke

Awesome work there mate.

What a cool little rig!

cjkbug

thanks for the props people. I gott figure out how to use my video camera to make a demo. as for the wah. I've got tons of schematics and layouts I've collected over the years and I had a page of different spec wah values where I got the info on the clyde wah from. I tested it out first on a prototype with ccheaper componants to see how it sounded before sourcing the mojo parts and building a prettier version. it really does sound nice. I have a fuzz friendly buffer on vero that I'll be adding to it when time permits. as for the order of effects... that just seems to be the way I prefer to set it up. I like the fuzz first. and then add a bit of octave to that. and I've found that most of the vibe effect gets swallowed by fuzz when placed first so I have it placed last. although I almost only ever use vibe on a clean tone.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

TNblueshawk

:o  Great googlymoogly. That is one stellar build. Sure wish I had the chops to do something like that. Great idea and execution on all fronts.
John

bigmufffuzzwizz

Oh man oh man!!! I really wish I could hear this thing in action, even if its not high quality..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

cjkbug

I got a video camera but have no Idea how to get the footage into the computer for editing etc. what software do you guy's use? I'm on a pc by the way. I'd really love you guys to hear this thing. any help would be appreciated
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Did the camera come with a cable that has a USB on one end to connect to comp? I straight up take the SDHC card out of my camera and plug it into the little slot made for those on the front of my computer chassis.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Sigesmundninja

do you power this thing with standard 9VDC?